Hello! I have a twelve years old daughter. She started to pay more attention to her appearance few moths ago. She spends most of her time on front of the mirror. I know she is reaching her teen years and that such behavior is normal but I am concerned about her nutrition. She eats less then usual and she started to skip meals. She is also very concerned about her weight. How to know if this is eating disorder?

Hello! You must listen and talk with your daughter regardless of how trivial the problem seems to you. It is essential in the process of preventing an eating disorder from forming. Maybe the issue may not seem important to you but it can cause huge impact on your daughter’s life. There are some symptoms which could be the signs of eating disorder: high weight concerns before 14 years of age, high level of perceived stress, behavior problems before age 14, history of dieting, mother diets and is concerned about appearance, siblings and peers diet and are concerned about appearance, negative self-evaluation, perfectionism, parental control, rivalry with one or more siblings, shy and anxious, distressed by parental arguments.