Hi, I am 35 years old and I am using cocaine for several months. I am thinking of stop using it but I am too addicted that cant do it without some medication. I have heard that Trazodone is helpful with cocaine withdrawals so I would like to know if someone had experience with it. Thanx.

Hi, I was using Trazodone when I was trying to quit cocaine and it helped me a lot. However I don't think it is specific medication but anti depressants are generally very useful in treating cocaine crashes and it was great help for my crisis. I hope it will help you too.

I've had a problem lately with cocaine use but my brother who is a striaght out, arrested twice along with drug charges, alcoholic got perscribed these pills. I've been on muscle relaxers reluctantly and alprozolam which is xanax for severe TMJ. I've been taking those responsibly and even less than directed being a medical student. Trazodone is one of those drugs that will lift your spirit only b/c it takes away your personality.

I have to tell you that I have access to the trazodone thanks to my family taking it away from my brother and my job access. Knowing what my problem is i'll tell you It has potential to be addictive to people with addictive personalities. Not just for ppl getting off cocaine. This dr. prescribing it to alcoholics wasn't a good idea, they just drink on it and its worse then them just driving drunk, they're more dangerous and violent.

As far as cocaine users, since its not a physical withdrawal but a mental one, I wouldn't recommend it. After being educated and trying it....I know it'll make you feel better short term mostly b/c it makes you forget and pass out. Like I said through my education, personal and family experiences....its only SHORT TERM HELP. Itll turn you into a non-motivated mess.

If you're serious about quiting, i'd recommend friends or professionals. If the money isn't available church rehab groups do a lot of helping for free. Even if you aren't half as bad as the crack users there....those ppl will teach you that you don't wanna lose as many brain cells as them.

So basically that pill with f**k over alcoholics even if they're on camparal and with any upper itll just fix it temporaily.

that was a big ol' rant, but true.

I feel like this prescription is really killing me. I have a marijuana addiction. But this has to do with this differently, i was on adderal an amphetamine. I was not able to sleep because the drugs they were giving me kept me awake due to the add problem. So i got on Trazodone to help with my sleep disorder. I eventually did not want to take the adderal because all the side effects, I was still not able to go to sleep because the dependency to this drug is so strong. At night i start feeling really aggravated if i didnt take the meds. I dont know if the marijuana is making it worse but i cant for the sake of even myself stop taking this medication. I tried for a week but for a whole week i layed down day dreaming and not getting a hour of sleep. The best way is to get professional help to deal with your problem of addiction.

You seriously dont want a pill to put you asleep, it f**ks with your ability to function the next day.

I think the marijuana would definitely mess with your sleep patterns. The problem is that sleep drugs are depressants of your system so when you take them, you get tired and if you're smoking marijuana and taking sleep drugs at the same time, then you will really knock yourself out. I hope that this helps a bit. Keep us posted on kicking your addiction!

I am in recovery (cocaine and opiates for 25 years) and the only true solution I ever found was Jesus Christ. I would encourage you to go to Teen Challenge or Bethel Colony of Mercy! It will change your life forever. (John 10:10)

I'm glad it worked for you, but not for me. After reading the comments, I've come to the conclusion that each case is unique and therefore, everybody must find their own way out.

Who cant be addicted to marijuana hahahh wtf

lol fuk jesus

Hi there Bixx! Im only referring to you as Bixx as it said just above your post "contact Bixx" Anyways, I'm going to put this as kindly and with as much tact and respect to you as I possibly can.. I'm 100% on board with ppl's religious beliefs whether is has been with u from Childhood or something that was pushed in you by groups that approach ppl who they know are struggling in life and are easily influenced... Or in my experience... being told/or constantly being approached by these "solicitors" for lack of a better word; to believe in their religion only because only when you give yourself completely to their god "which in most religions means to completely give to that church or group of followers any and all monies after covering you bills to that particular religious group, and for what I ask? Why do I need to give up my hard earned money to that church, or anyone for that matter... We work to live and provide for our families, build a life in that home by making changes, add-On's etc! To get to my point quickly I first have to ask; why should I be made to feel obligated to give up my hard earned money... which will go to the "church" and never ever be provided with any legitimate documentation as to where the money actually goes!! You know I'm right, and at the same time that's your decision and I can respect and appreciate that wholeheartedly....
But when you happen to say that Jesus is what cured your ailment... I can't help but wonder about a few things...? 1st of all, have you honestly been an active member in the church you speak of or a certain group of worshippers, 2nd of all, if you are that strong of a believer, why did you start using in the first place? Would that not be frowned on by your God and in doing so, for whatever reasons you may of had at that point in your life... would the other believers within your religion/church not turn their backs on you for being one to poison your body and mind? As well as disgracing the group of individuals that follow the scripture within you group to the letter? A lot of religions are like that! and sadly it's becoming more the day to day norm. So you say Jesus saved you... How exactly did he/she do that? I'd really and truly like to know how for a multitude of reasons... Did Jesus speak to you somehow? Show you a sign of sorts which detoured you from further use? Did you somehow acquire some type of power from him? I ask this because I know addicts that believe in God and are genuine ppl, who cares for others and would bend over backwards to help friends and complete strangers... They are great to there families and have incredible support being offered... Physcologically, it takes years, if not a lifetime to overcome the mental aspects of an addiction, and in regards to certain addictions, the physical withdrawl aspects are literally unbearable... I've seen some if the toughest men and women who are strong in the mind and physically at their peak physical health who couldn't get a handle on the c**p they were experiencing without help... Of course rehab programs were offered, however given that they had a company to run in order to support their children and keep a roof over their heads rehab wasn't an option... and at that point no amount of group/one on one councelling would have helped either of them... Their strong ppl mentally... however that strength couldn't be utilized to address their addictive behaviour patterns, where it allstenned from etc. because physically they were in hell... So despite the big and sincere thoughts of quiting with out any help was impossible... At that point they approached their family practitioner and were told that there is in fact medications that are available that suppresses the desire to a point of relapsing and that was because these meds stop the physical withdrawl symptoms almost literally dead in there tracks! I know three that work extremely well and none of the three I'm mentioning is Trazodone... Yes, it certainly helps prospector doewn off their high by ultimately slowing the heart rate and relaxing the body so sleep can be obtained... Long term? I haven't been abe to find enough factual information to say with any type of certainty, "yay" or "nay" in that respect... and other medications work remarkably well if you can be tough enough to admit your use to your doctor so they can prescribe an Rx with the proper doses depending on you honesty of the amount used.. These meds are only as effective as your honesty... Believe me... So, I know these facts... But tossing out the Jesus card, I don't buy... I can easily believe that you do believe in a god, but if you were dependant. Simply praying isn't gonna cut it... Your leaving out some type of treatment that assisted you with the extreme pain and discomfort that comes with detox/withdrawl. With no disrespect intended, or judgment being passed I would have to call you on that statement you posted... Praying alone, just won't cut it... I'm sorry but that's the truth and pretty well anyone on this or any other forum would tell you pretty much the same exact thing... unless of course you have a superhuman power ithat can allow you to completely shutt your mind down while being conscious and able to function in day to day life... it's pretty well impossible... Please feel free to reply with a more dis riptide explanation as to how Jesus alone got you through, I'd love to hear your story... Again please understand that this was not an attack on you or your beliefs in any way, shape or form.. I'm far from being judgmental, I'm just more into facts and proven methods for anything around us... Anyways, hope to hear from you, as well I truly hope you are staying strong, focussed and clean... All the best to you?!!

Wow, that took the air out of my sails!!!

Wow ur on summat?? Lol

Hi. Just curious if trazondone is ok to take after a few hrs of coke use. I've only done a 40 and a half of another for about 4 hrs. Taking trazondone ok? Or dangerous. I'm looking for answers but no one really answers what I'm looking for. Thanks

Yes it does help I'm on trazodone

Go the AA... It can/will cure your problem.