Hi, I am addicted to cocaine, and I finally found courage to admit that. I realized how unfair this is to my family, to live in their house and have a secret life. It would break their hearts if they knew that I’m a junky. I made a decision- I’m quitting cocaine!

I’m happy for you! I know how difficult it is to admit cocaine addiction, I experienced it myself. I’m not saying that I didn’t know what I was doing, but only that I didn’t want to admit that I became addicted. I truly believed that I could quit cocaine any time, but I never tried to do that. I was spending all the money that I had, until I was finally broke. I couldn’t afford cocaine any more, and that is when I realized how expensive it really is. I started selling things, first my car and then the jewelry. When I didn’t have anything else to sell, I had to face the truth- I was addicted to cocaine. I was very disappointed when I realized that I all my friends were fake. They all disappeared when they realized that I’m broke. Finally, I went to my parents and told them everything. They were very kind and forgiving, which made me even more embarrassed. They were supportive and patient, and they helped me quit cocaine.

I am also very happy for you....i came to this looking for success stories..it has been a year and i cant deal with the triggers...but i needed to find hope and i needed to hear someone say they realized how much it screws things up..i thought i could handle it..it was handling me and it made me someone i didn't much like..greedy, edgy and later just depressed that i couldn't stop the cycle..but i did...i found some alarming info on cutting agents that has been a serious issue in relation to deaths due to overdosing which apparently not hard to do...lavamisole..its a CATTLE DEWORMER ...70 % of our import contains it.. oh my god...i just cant trust it anymore...not that i ever could..i was born in 83 and so i cant compare the quality to then and now .. i only know that the game has changed ...I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU.... its a scary world out there and if there wasnt enough out there to getcha, you dont need to inflict self harm...i just need to remind myself how much damage it does to the mind and soul and it isn't work the price for a "good time" and frankly i never really had fun anyway..i was to busy chasing a dragon to even notice that i was having a good time..go f'in figure...so when it gets hard know how hard it could have been if you continued on this path and never faced this...i read this somewhere but if you walk 10 miles into the woods you have to walk 10 miles to get out..imagine 20...MY PRAYERS AND FAITH GO OUT TO YA...ur not alone...and its sad that someone else is suffering with this c**p...but it is comforting to know that i am not the only one..thank you

hey guys im happy for all you you ... so out of curiosity how are you going to quit. are yo ugoing to quit cold turkey?? i helped a friend quit and it was hard but it is possible... it has a lot to do with the people you hang around and their influences.... please know that you can always come here for support also if you have any concerns or questions....
i wish all of you the best of luck and remember anything is possible

wow...i wish i had friends like you ...my "friends" were no where to be found...it really was a great filter when i look at it that way... and a lot of the ppl i hung out with didnt use but drank and i had to go all or nothing...and when they found out why i had to quit everything alot of rejection was felt...i think it hypocritical...drugs AND alcohol ruins lives...and i think thats the prob w/ society...and the system...but i had AA and met some really awesome ppl that were addicts not just alcoholics ...they were affiliated to NA but also attended AA meetings which was nice to see ppl that could relate with this...like you guys..all i know is as long as i keep hiking up the mountain i can eventually see the top..and what a view:)

yea i know it sounds like you are very determined and thats one of the most important things. if you dont want to stop and you dont try then your not going to quite. one the the worst things i had to see was my friends mom cry when he was so coked out he pretty much ODed. it did help that she spoke hardly any english and i didn't know much spanish but did know some.... it was horrible my friend to not care and pretty much have no clue what was going on and his mother sobbing holding on to him.... so yea i have all the respect for you in the world

best of luck keep with it through thick and thin

oh and i almost forgot... you do have a friend(s) like that..... right here ;-)

Thank you...very much...i did have the support of my mother and that is huge, alotta ppl dont get that just punishment and rejection...she understands because she had a very close friend go though it and ended up relapsing and died. That in itself is a big motivation to stick with this...my mother doesnt need to lose another to this. I think about it alot and hearing songs<as trivial as that sounds> and seeing movies triggers but i just have to remind myself that its not real life...they are romanticizing it...real life is ODing, losing everything you have including yourself..your identity...i mean i had an alter ego, and i still want to be her thats the sick part, im not totally over this and i might have to work on it for the rest of my life..and the "good feelings" are synthetic..i really needed to find enjoyment in the simple things again..and you know that was hard to do at first..but after a while i almost felt like a kid again..picking flowers, knitting, baking with my greatgrandma<nothing tops that>GOD IT FEELS GOOD..nothing i could ever buy from a dealer... i wish i could tell the world to knock the S*** off but everyone has to learn on their own time...thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven<lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil Amen

Thank you again..got a lil misty there for a minute..hehe

yea it's alright thats part of getting though it for most people.... if you want a movie that shows the reality of drugs watch reqiume for a dream..... its CRAZY and shows the bitter non glammor side of drugs and what it really does to users and their family and friends