I have been using cocaine heavily for about two months. This past weekend I went through 5 grams in about 8 hours. I believe I am now feeling the effects of withdrawl. I have the jitters, paranoia, I get hives pretty bad. Sometimes on my lips, neck, arms, tounge. Is there anything I can do to ease the discomfort until I make it through the withdrawl period? I am constantly feeling dazed and confused. What type of things can I do to keep this off my mind?

what can i say, look at the time, i feel your pain. i have burnt through my nose, but still do it. i can go without buying it, but my bf brings it home. i dont understand why his nose isnt damaged like mine, as he used longer and more.
i am done. i have told him if he brings it home again, "we" are no more.
i am tired of this, but as long as he brings it to me, i am helpless.
its bigger than us, and has ruined us as a couple. i loved, wanted marriage and children, but this has wasted time, health, emotions, and most of all money.
my nose will never grow intact again, its forever.
i wish you luck, as well as myself.
please keep in touch, i could use the strength.

kind of ironic but i was just released yesterday from a detox/rehab.
honestly the first 2 or 3 weeks of it are horrible.
and where i was at there is no cigarette smoking which sucks horribly since thats my only other vice. so i just had to stick it out and deal with it.
i would wake up constantly shaking and sweaty.
i was a big time coke addict for 6 yrs...and it got to the point that i pretty much lost any sense i had. it took over me. i would go on 4 day binges and not sleep for 4 days then just collapse and wake up feeling crashed and paranoid.
honestly while was in rehab...bc when u try to stop cold turkey its very hard...we excercised, read, wrote a lot...like kept ourselves busy but also made sure we were reflecting on how each of us had gotten to where were at.
we learned about "triggers" its anything that could remind u of using. it could be a person who u did coke with. areas u spent many times using there, any paraphernelia...just anything in general that could be related to the drug itself or the drug usage. there gunna come along and u need to learn how to avoid those or walk away...and end any relationships with ppl who are part of a trigger.
also chew gum, orsuck on hard candy...sometimes as long as ur chewing it can subside some of the craving. as for ur hands...if ur jittering like crazy try taking a small object like a safety pin and just hold it in one hald and fiddle with that for a while...eventually the jitters go away...or try just putting them in ur pocket.

sorry if i make no sense...i've been prescribed xanax and ambien so i feel a lil disoriented lol. but i hope it helped a lil.

Thanks so much for your info. This is all really helpful to me as I'm currently going through coke withdrawals as we speak. I would go 2, 3 weeks in a row doing a 1/2 gram a day, maybe more. I'm anxious, doing it cold turkey is hard but I'm tired of living my life this way. I'm ready for a change. I also have an addiction to marijuana that I'm trying to battle on my own as well. I can't really afford to go to a rehab as I'm just a college student supporting myself and I'll be honest, I guess I'm just a little ashamed of myself and don't want my family to find out about this. I feel like if I can beat this, I can beat anything. And I know I'm strong, I guess I'm just scared that cocaine and pot are stronger than I am. I think I'm more or less scared of dealing with myself from now on rather than going to drugs. Alot of times I would do drugs just to block painful feelings; I had to deal with my parents divorcing when I was just coming into my own, I was an escort for three years (I wasn't bad on drugs during that time--maybe a joint every now and again, but I think that the guilt I feel from that is what made me turn to coke harder), I've had very serious issues with men & also issues with learning how to be an "adult" like everyone else does. I've also got severe anxiety issues as well, the pot and coke didn't make that any better--infact I believe it made it worse. So now I'm at that point that all addicts go through, I guess, that point where you just are like "I can't do this to myself anymore". That's where I'm at. I don't want to be a junkie or feel like I'm killing my own self anymore. Honestly, pot and coke have been a part of my life for a while now, I feel like I'm loosing a friend, but I know that friend is a bad one to have and one that, after this detox, I'll be glad is no longer in my life.

So if anyone has any suggestions how they overcame the battle or any type of activities that I could do to alleviate the anxiety and (I would call) angry feelings I have, that would be more than appreciated. You would be helping out someone who really needs that help right now as I can't really turn to my friends, I think I've turned to them too many times in a drugged up stuper & I'd rather not involve them. If you're reading this, thanks. Sometimes we as people just need someone who cares.

Thanks again.

Hey jej!I feel your pain.Like many before and after us.This is my first response to what I've been reading so far.This is a serious issue for you.your young enough to still know whats right from absolute wrong,so I suggest you be a little bit stronger and not see what long time cocaine abuse is all about.I'm 33 years old,college grad,married once,nice home and promising career.I lost everything along with my dignity,self-esteem and motivation to pursue in life.all because of that one little line back in a year 2000 party.i'm still suffering like many like me,whatever you've been reading is actual real peoples problems.STOP NOW...or you'll be someone like me who's still trying to find an easy way out.Life can only get better when you come to terms with yourself.I'm not preaching,but it seems like a waste of life at your age.Can you feel that?

Give yourself and your family the joy this X-Mas,a lot of us cannot....
Sincerely,(trying to make a difference to help myself)

so, these are all great, but my problem isnt my own. my boyfriend uses...and i JUST found out. hes going through withdrawals, and i dont know how i can help him. plz, help me help him...

It really breaks my heart reading about a lot of what you're going through. Guest, I know that you were saying that your boyfriend is trying to quit and that's very admirable. You cannot help your boyfriend on your own, and your boyfriend cannot help himself either. I would recommend cocaine users anonymous or something for people who go through it so they can offer some help. Wish you luck.

just give up and get high life is too short

Guest wrote:

wasted time wrote:

i wish you luck, as well as myself.

I appreciate your feedback on that but I don't think that's very helpful if someone doesn't like being high and has been talking about having nose problems. Do you do cocaine?

jej, at 19 i was escorting until 21. i didnt use at all at that time i was a very sharp cookie , (very focused), i didnt put much money aside, but it helped me live very comfortably for 3 yrs and helped me finance my mba. I have had trouble with marijuana this past year, i smoked for 8 months and got kicked out of my mba for poor scores . i took coke at one point to wake up lol, i was so asleep from all the pot. the coke actually went on for longer than i had expected. instead of one or two times (1 or 2 grams), i ended up bingeing for a few days (with sleep in between). few days i mean, roughly 16 (just over 2 weeks). i stopped everything for 5 days and feel horrible, i sweat all night, i have rage , its awful. i excercise, and it helps me more than anything. runningin the street with my ipod and biking, and the gym are my best friends. i gave in and smoked half a joint today, i had to lol, but im with you on your story, i think if you havent already beaten your quest, well you have full capacity to. i will be back in the mba end sept, took sh*t loads of work, i still have to clean up by end sept. being social helps.

come back and post updates here if you can,

xo dekkers

i also think that if u had issues with men bc of escorting, well its all in the head.

i dont sleep around, or anything. i just dont really think about it. people hook up all th time after the bars, i mean,..people have sex.
as long as ur safe from now on and dont put urself in danger (many horror stories in the uk and europe with escort ladies, especially the prettiest ones)...so if ur issues are emotional issues, etc, i really feel this is something you can liberate and curv out of your negative box.

ok, bye for now.
dekkers

All problems are in your head. The point is that some people have difficulty with issues and need to do something about it. I thinkt hat's the case here. It helps to maintain that point of view sometimes. What do you think?

I was looking for people that have been though this..my bf used to do it with me but can no longer because he has random drug tests....so he has something that is keeping him responsible..I on the other hand only have me...i did attend aa meetings...just to get a feel for it..the drinking led to the other stuff..and i smoked pot everyday for about 8 years..give that a month and your good...honestly..and a month seems like a long time..but TRUST ME it does get better..i just thought of how good it would feel to say that i stopped even for a week and then it just kept going A DAY AT A TIME..really....just get through a day..and dont worry about the next..that makes it overwhelming..i know it sounds cliche from aa..and i didnt agree with all the cult like methods but there was a seed planted..and some of it really helped and made sense..and honestly it was nice to hear that someone else has suffered through it but they GOT THROUGH IT..thats the best part..there is an end if you allow it

YOU CAN REALLY DO IT.

I'm going through this too... I'm on probation. I developed a habit. I can't turn any were for help without getting into severe legal trouble. I can't keep doing it or same deal... I hope to god we find the strength. Good luck.