My boyfriend of 4 years has had a problem with cocaine for about 3 years now. It started out slowly, but quickly progressed to as frequent as every or every other day. After 2 years of up and down relationship problems I finally convinced him to quit. While it has been a slow process he is doing much better and almost completely quit. About a year ago I noticed a little white molelike spot on the edge of his nostril hole. He had it removed and it was basal cell carcinoma. Thank god it was removable and thats all there was to it. However, about 2 months later another one popped up in the same place. Has anyone else experienced these problems. I am wondering if it could be related?

Hi there! Although cocaine has more than many negative effects on our bodies and health, I haven’t heard of its connection to cancerous cells. That your boyfriend got cancer again has nothing to do with cocaine usage but with the fact that the persons who developed cancerous cells once are more likely to get them again after a couple of years.

I was, what is called, a recreational cocaine user but I developed severe problems with my lungs. I suffer from chronic coughing now and often experience pain in my chest and sometimes when I exhaust myself I have shortness of breath and it takes me a lot of to breath in. Sometimes I even think I wouldn’t make it. I know this is due to cocaine usage because I had suffered the same effects after taking cocaine but I just paid no attention.

Beside lungs, cocaine can cause adverse affects on central nervous system and many mental side effects, it can have impact on ears, nose and throat as well as many negative effects on heart and blood vessels.

Like I said, I haven’t heard of any link of cocaine with skin or any other cancers but if you do, make sure you let me know.

Good luck with your relationship!

I'd love to see more research on any link betweek cocaine use and cancer. I know four people now in their 40's who all either were or are moderately heavy cocaine users (even if it was over ten years ago) who all have various forms of cancer - rectal, lymphoma, leukemia. Do that many people get cancer that young, is it something in the water of this area, or could it be linked to cocaine abuse?

Of the many ingredients that dealers use to cut coke, Phenacetin, a banned cancer causing painkiller, is the most prevelant, certainly in the UK market place.

So although Coke may not cause cancer, the sh*t that its cut with probably will! The street coke in the uk is now about 25% pure at the best of times and that means for every gram you buy, 0.75 is going to do you serious harm, the other bit just makes you angry and shrinks your penis!! i used to use tooooooooooooo much $2000 a week, and its effects were only negative and detrimental to my well being. I just had to ask myself, What are you f*****g doing to yourself?

I hope he stays true and all works out for you.

Nathan

Anything that causes the body stress, malnutrition, sleep deprivation and toxic overloads (the bad cut, some cut is just vitamin B's), will contribute to cancer growing in that person. Being up two or three days with no food, or just junk food beats up the immune system. Our bodies are constantly killing off cancer cells that circulate through our system for different reasons...one of those reasons being the natural job the cells have in wound repair. When our immune system is weak lacking proper fighter blood cells from no food, sleep and toxins, these cancer cells group up and grow prolifically eating whatever is near. The mistake people make is jumping to get operations, radiation and chemo rather then changing their diet and getting the right nutrients, sleep, sun, exercise, and eating apricot seeds.