What medication should be used when the scrotum itches at times
and when it is scratched the scrotum will bleed somewhat on my underwear. I take a bath twice weekly and put on clean underwear.

My work is in air conditioned locations and I do not sweat too often
except in summer months in Florida; I then bathe daily if necessary.

You defiantly need to bathe more, every day is a great way to hydrate your skin. Your problem is probably (not certain to 100%) dry skin. Also, do you consider Showering bathing?

I had this problem and I battled with it for years. You should use an antifungal powder on a regular basis. I use it a couple of times a day. I have used Sanafitil and Zeeabsorb. Both are good. Believe me I had the same problem and I used every cream known to man, but the powder did the trick. My doctor also told me that you cannot build up a tolerance to powder unline creams.

Treat it as though you would treat the commonly termed jock itch. The rash of jock itch starts in the groin fold usually on both sides. If the rash advances, it usually advances down the inner thigh. The advancing edge is redder and more raised than areas that have been infected longer. The advancing edge is usually scaly and very easily distinguished or well demarcated.

There are other rashes of the groin that can cause symptoms similar to jock itch. The first is called intertrigo which is a red, macerated rash at the groin fold not caused by a fungus. It is seen many times in obese patients and caused by moist skin rubbing against moist skin. The skin cracks and breaks down in lines called fissures, which can be very painful. These fissures can get secondarily infected with fungi or bacteria. The edge of the rash usually does not advance until much later in the life of the rash.

Jock itch is best treated with topical creams or ointments since the fungus only affects the top layer of skin. Many of the antifungal medications require a prescription, but there are three that can be bought over-the-counter (OTC). The OTC antifungals are tolnaftate (Tinactin), clotrimazole (Lotrimin), and miconazole (Micatin). Creams used to treat jock itch should be applied twice a day for at least two weeks. Application can be stopped after the rash has been gone for one week. Creams should be applied to the rash and also at least two finger widths beyond the rash. Many people with jock itch also have athlete's foot and these same creams can be applied to the feet. However, treatment of athlete's foot can take up to four weeks. If the rash is very red and itchy, especially if it has blisters at the edge, a topical steroid such as hydrocortisone can be applied also. Steroids should not be used in the groin alone without consulting a health care provider since steroids alone can make the rash of jock itch much worse.

i myself had this problem for about 4 years and the doctor gave me anti fungal creams/powder which just aggravated the problem mild acid for me to bathe in ....didn't work an tons of emollients so in the end I paid for a swab test £300 and it came back saying aureus a bacterial infection and I was prescribed 2 doses of strong antibiotics and two weeks later it has gone so after spending hundreds on prescriptions it took one swab and £16 in fees to be cured you might think that cured is a strong word to use but unless you have had this infection you would not know what its like so cured is the right answer so all you people out there with this infection and your getting fobbed of by your doctor get a swab and ask for it to be checked for aureus

How does one bathe, "defiantly"?

With determination! I'm sure our spellcheck deficient friend meant "Definitely."

Hello doctor between my goin itch and everything I scratch it it's bleeds