I would like some home remedies for gaulding. I gauld quite a bit where my leg meets my pelvic area. Thank you.

I also have this problem particularly when it's hot or humid where I tend to sweat more often. One of the best remedies I've found is "corn starch'. This can be applied directly or added to any body pwder desired. You can also purchase chaffing powder that's already been blended, but tends to contain small amounts that may be adequate for an individual that may not perspire as much as another individual. If irritation is present, just ensure that the area is cleaned before applying to irritated area (corn starch and/or powder blend). I'd suggest applying this prior to going to bed and usually (dependent upon level of irritation) you'll see a difference by morning.

Hope this helps

Hello joannadoe,

First of all I am so sorry that you are struggling with gaulding. My father who is 60 years old has developed the same condition last summer and since he is a little bit overweight he is struggling pretty much with it.  He is using Caldesene, a medicated powder for babies. You can buy it in the pharmacy or in any other store on the babies department.

Try the Caldesene and if it doesn't work for this rash at least it's a nice after bath powderJ.

There is one more thing you can try and that is athlete's foot medication. I hope that this helps and that you will get rid of the rash soon. Good luck.

coat area with 'cornstarch'. The cornstarch will absorb and dry out the gaulding, athlete's itch, looks like skin is scalded!, crotch rot, jock itch, diaper rash. Air getting to the rash helps dry it out. Keep hands clean to avoid infection.

Also what helps is diaper rash cream like Desitin.  :-)

Take a cup of flour and place it in a clean dry cast iron or non stick skillet. Turn the burner in high an dstir constantly until it turns a med brown color. Take it off the burner and let cool. Use it like you would baby powder or corn starch. My grandma gave me this recipe 25 yrs ago. I Used cloth dispers in my daughter and she had such sensitive skin. It cleared the rash up within a day or two.

What about for a toddler...I looked it up and it said to avoid using baby powder and cornstarch on toddlers because it holds in moisture

Lantiseptic.........get at a pharmacy.....will not be on the shelf.....great stuff...have not had a problem with gaulding for years now...helps heal and at first sign of gaulding use right away.....it does cost a little more but a little goes a long way

This is going to sound very strange but I know for a fact it works. If you chafe between the legs, carrying an old fashioned lead fishing sinker in your pocket helps neutralize the acid in your sweat. Sounds crazy but......... Make sure is a LEAD sinker. The newer ones don't work.

I know this will sound crazy but I use it for several issues that I have and it works...Carmex. Yes it's for chapped lips but it numbs the area and your chaffed areas will be gone within a couple of hours. I also use it for yeast infections. I'm not trying to be gross but hope you will try this because it has been a miracle worker for me.

Use lotramin af it's a foot fungus cream and I use cornstarch with it

I tried the Carmex! It actually works! THANK YOU takes away the burn, as they say with carmex: it soothes, it protects, it heals! I havta say that I agree!

Desitin is ok But with the heat between the skin layers can burn worse I use the baby powder with it too.

But did it stay gone?

my husband is over weight for one. He has double bell. It get gauld under this flip