hello, i am having jock itch from past few years which started from a ringworm infection from pets(dove), for which i had consulted a doctor ans an ointment was given and the infection elsewhere than the groin area dissapeared. but the skin the groin area started peeling off and the skin became red, itchy and wet always. when consulted i was given ointments(hope with colamatrizole.. dont know extact name) but the condition comes and goes especially when i sweat a lot. noe its almost 3-4 years and nowadys the scrotum area started producing foul smell which i even feel in airconditioned rooms. i consulted doctor and he told that teh constant use of medicine with steroids have made teh skin sensitive and dark and he gave me ointments for jockitch. but still for few days its ok and again starts. the condition is worse in the days when i masturbate. the wet greasy and foul smell will remain for 4-5 days . iam a vergin and my marriage is in the next few months. will this create problem in future . how to find a permanent solution. plese give me genuine ans.

i think i have identical problem. mater of fact i was googling on foul smell in groin area when i came across your post. it is causing me a bit of a worry because i can recalll smelling same odour some years ago coming from an uncle of mine who later developed cancer. so id really appreciate if anyone with some ideas or answers respond please. thank you.

I believe I have the same problem, and yes... I also came upon this post by googling. My symptoms include: A "wetness" (which I believe is some sort of "discharge")
that is always present where my upper thighs join my groin (I do not believe it is sweat, because even if I wipe it off, it come right back within a matter of seconds. Also, it stained the briefs I had on with a slight "yellowish" color. And yes... It is not urine.) The nasty odor (which if I had to guess, smells like a mixture between c**p, and plaque.) and the intense itching.. I'm always scratching don there! On my testicals, the sides of my penis, my scrotum, everywhere! And finally, I have these "pimple like" bumps all over my scrotum.   I believe it might be crotch rot, but I don't know. I've been like this for atheist 2 years now... But its gotten so bad lately I just decided to look it up today.   Good luck, and let me know if you find out any thing.....    ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

i have itchy groin the skin wall on my groin isover an 8th inch thick with long crevises between bumps. i cannot keep from itching it raw when it itches. briefs stained with yellowish color and of coarse blood.

I am 12 and have never told anybody but for curiosity sake what are other symptoms of ringworms

I've got exactly the same thing, have you found anything that helps?

yes I have dealt with a similar problem and believe it may be somewhat aggravated by diet (dairy?). I have tried ointments and steroid creams and these do not work well and can have a nasty rebound effect. I have also had the same problem in other "crease" areas - anus, behind ears, in the folds around eyelids and in nostrils and ear canals, the problem seems worse in humidity and causes flaking at these areas. One method that gives me some relief is cloudy apple cider vinegar, diluted one part to ten parts water (or as strong as you can stand - I built up to using undiluted, it burns/stings like hell but seems to kill off the cause and let some healing begin. Also rubbing bi carb of soda on wet skin and leaving for ten minutes before showering, it feels nice leaves skin nice and clean. I don't know maybe its just part of growing older/modern living but I did hear recently that microscopic ticks (arachnid) can live in skin pores and cause roseasia, which might be related to this problem.

I dealt with this issue for 2 years and I went to the Doctor about 12 times in all over this. Each Doctor claimed it was a fungal infection and I needed to put on this fungal cream that cost $100 a tube. They claimed after 2 weeks I would not have this issue.

I used the cream for 3 weeks and the smell was still there even though it saw at about 1/4 the normal smell but even using the cream for months the itching and smell came back. After 2 years of this going on and 12 different Doctors , I had no idea what else to do. At this point I had spent over $7k in Doctor and med bills, only to be dealing with the same issue.

The one day I got out of the shower and I saw a tube on the counter that my wife had bought for a burn she had gotten while cooking the week before ... Equaline Brand Triple Antibiotic Ointment (First Aid Antibiotic) with Polymyxin B Sulfate , Bacitracin Zinc , Neomycin Sulfate. I used it and applied it over the whole area and within 2 days the smell was totally gone and the itching stopped the second I applied the ointment. I continued using for 2 weeks and the whole issue was over... So I paid over $7k in bills over 2 years for an issue that a $3.99 tube of ointment fixed in 2 weeks and stopped the itching/pain/smell the second I applied it.

Modern Medicine my ass!!! The Doctors could give a shiot less but sure as hell wanted their money on time!!!In the end my thanks went to my wife and equaline for making a good product.

Had the same problem. Tried so many things but nothing seemed to help. My doctor prescribed for me a tablet called microcidal. I started taking it and after a week my problem was gone!

True story, Gold Bond. 3 weeks....free and clear for over 6 months now. Now to get the molloscum contaguosum gone...

Which gold bond product

Hello. My problem is in my groin area: itching and odor. You and I and some others in this forum might have a condition known as trimethylaminuria (TMAU). Research it online. There is a test that costs about $180.00 that will tell you if you have this condition. If you do, there is a certain diet that allows you to manage the odor. But you can also use the diet without taking the test and see if it helps you. If it does, then you have TMAU.  I'm told that it takes up to 6  months to tell whether the diet is working. To find out more about the test and TMAU, look up MEBO.

Right after I read this immediately went out and bought a tube. that stuff is no joke. immediately all the itching and burning went away and it already starts to look better in this is day 1.

hi i have the same problem from past 15 days.. and i am too shy to inform my parents about it.. kindly suggest some easy treatment for this

To those people who found relief from the Equaline Brand Triple Antibiotic Ointment, did the problem come back after you stopped using it? Does one have to use it for the rest of ones life? Please elaborate on your current condition/progress