I’ve placed IUD (intrauterine device) inside my vagina recently. I like go on swimming and I have tanning bed at home which I use very often. I am in a good shape because of swimming and I am very pale so I think that I look much better with brown complexion. However, this IUD worries me now. I am not sure is it safe for me to spend as much time as just to in a tanning bed. I think I can continue with swimming.

I am not sure about those tanning beds. I don’t consider any tanning bed safe. After your IUD is put in place, you may swim, exercise, use tampons and have sex. Consult your doctor about tanning. When is time for menstrual period, you should check for the string inside the vagina. You can do it by inserting a clean finger in your vagina. Please, call your doctor if you can't feel the string or if you feel the IUD itself.