I have been tanning for the last month because prom is coming up next month and i wanna look tan. at the beginning i didnt get this rash but the last 3 times i have got it. its red and really itchy its almost like a heat rash. i have it on my tummy, under my boobs (kinda) all over my arms and legs. to you know what it might be?

I've been indoor tanning on and off for years. In the last two weeks, I've been getting the same reaction as the other guest, itchy rash on my belly and under my boobs. It's semi-bumpy, and itches like hell. I haven't figured out why all of a sudden, after tanning so many other times, I'm now having a reaction? Some possible answers could be the new birth control I just switched to due to migraines. It's called Lybrel, it's brand new, you take it 365 days a year and never get a period.

I also have a red, itchy rash. I'm not entirely sure if it's from tanning, but it seems to have been exacerbated by tanning indoors.

I developed itchy skin after wearing wool socks to a job where I'm exposed to a lot of humidity (just on my legs). I figured it was a reaction to the socks, so I stopped wearing them.

Then I went tanning. I usually go for 8 minutes in a 15 minute bed, sometimes 9. This time I went for 10 minutes. I got a little burned, but it was a very mild burn, nothing severe, just a faint pink, and only on my stomach.

HOLY COW. The next day I had red, itchy, bumpy rash all over my arms, legs, and stomach, just as the other users have described.

I don't know if it is a UVA burn or something. In my case I think I already had a rash started and the UV exposure just exacerbated it, but I'm very curious to hear a doctor's opinion on this.

I have had the same problem for the past 2 years, an itchy red rash between my breasts and on my lower back and it always starts about my 2nd week of tanning. The first year from a laydown bed then the second year from a stand up bed and I dont use any type of tanning lotions so I know it wasnt an allergic reaction to that. Also I bring alcohol wipes to clean the bed myself just as a precaution. I spoke to a tanning bed owner today at a different salon and she said it was most likely a heat rash and to wipe the areas with a towel during tanning to keep them dry from sweat. I guess I'll try that this year and see how it goes. Will keep you posted.