Hi.... I have been going to the tanning bed for about 2 weeks now and the last day or 2 i have been getting an itchy rash on my legs and stomach. today when i went i got a very bad stinging sensation i didnt have it the whole first week and im not sure what is going on. i havent changed lotions and i have gone to the same bed every time. i already know tanning is bad for you but im going to try it anyway so if anyone could help me out with what might be going on.

Thanks, Kelly

Are you going everyday?

Would you describe this rash as similar to Sun Burn?

I'm thinking either whatever is used to clean the bed is reacting with your skin or conversely the beds are not cleaned properly and you have picked up some kind of contagious rash.

Take some Benadryl and see if your rash goes down. If not you may need to consult your doctor.

I worked at a tanning salon for 9 months and we used a PH cleaner to clean the beds you would be supprised how many people have bad reactions to the PH cleaner! There are many was to mess up the solution too, could have been mixed too strong! try to keep the area moist with lotion, dont let it dry out it should go away in a few days! I always use my towel to wipe down the bed before i get in! Trust me its a good habbit! Hope this helps!

I get them to there like lil bumps an very itchy an i scratch an it like it takes a top layer off making lil sores from scratching but if i sit in sun as well i get them to from sun i know it from the uv rays an sweat trapped laying there while ur body absorbs bk up the sweat but is there anything to use to help with the bumps i get them on my back belly between boobs an arms sometimes on face so i know it not unsanitary beds cause even the stand up beds do it to an jus sitting out in sun an jus started two summers ago