Hello! I have been going to the tanning salon for the last month and two days ago I started experiencing some itchy welts all over my stomach. They are red, and I am really concerned. I can’t say anything to my mom because she told me not to go to the tanning saloon but I did anyway. Please help!!!!

The welts you are talking about aren’t necessarily caused by the tanning boots. It could be hives as well or any other type of skin disease. I would recommend you visited a dermatologist to determine what it is, so that you can get proper help. As for your mom…unfortunately, we realize that our parents are our best friends after the age of 25.

I am having the same issue. It did not bother me the first 2 weeks of tanning but it does now. I wish I knew what caused it. It is only on my stomach.

I have the same problem! I started going last week and immediately after my first visit I had these red, raised bumps all over my trunk area. Itch too! I had it last year and it subsided about a month later! My Dr. said it could be a number of things. I use a perscript. cortisone cream for the itching-but it finally went away on it's own-and I was still tanning. weird hugh? I also cleaned the beds myself AGAIN with a moist wipe! hope that helps

I also get skin welts after tanning. It usually starts a/b 2 weeks after starting. Mine is on my chest, upper arms, back of arms, under my breasts and upper stomach areas. I ALWAYS get them while tanning. Mostly in the tanning beds but I get them while tanning outdoors too. I just use OTC cortisone cream and Aveno lotion...(oatmeal kind) It helps. After getting the desired tan it goes away. In my opinion it's an allergy to the UV radiation. Or it could be like prickly heat...but I'm no Dr....just telling my experience with it. :-)

You all may be experiencing an allergic reaction to your lotion, especially if it has hemp in it, I have also gotten these red bumps on my stomach mostly but some on my legs as well, it is really nothing to worry about it could also be the disinfectant the tanning salon uses you may have had an allergic reaction to that, especially since you are laying in a heated environment your pores are wide open and chemicals can easily enter them, hope this helps

I actually have a rash now. I had it years ago from tanning but I was on a medication that was listed as possibly causing sensitivity. I am not off of it and went tanning about a week ago. Within a few hours I had red, raised patches under my breasts. OMG, it itches so bad!! I didn't get burned at all. I went back a few days later and the rash got worse. If it is heat rash, everthing I have read says it should go away within about 24 hours. Well, this rash hasn't. It is also on my back. It seems to be right where my bra lays under my breasts, between them, and on my back. It would be nice if it went away because it is driving me crazy. I grew up in FLA and although I am naturally fair skinned, I have never had any sort of rash even after being horribly burned from snorkling in the Keys. Do hives last a few days? These don't have any "heads" on them or fluids coming out...just raised skin...right now it isn't red but after my workout today it was extremely red and inflamed...ugh who knows!?!

Are any of you taking Yaz as a form of birth control? I have worked at a tanning salon for several months now and have been tanning for YEARS with no problems. I started taking Yaz at the beginning of June and I have tanned 4 times since then... the most recent times were last week and I got huge, raised, red, itchy bumps on my legs, the backs of my legs (those were not red) and my chest started to itch really bad... which in turn CAUSED the raised bumps.

I have asked a doctor, a pharmacist, and a nurse and they all think I'm crazy and that it is unrelated. I think it's weird though that changing my birth control to Yaz is the only variable factor in this whole thing?

The biggest problem is, another girl I work with has the same problem... only she has been on Yaz longer than I have and she gets the bumps much worse!!

Plus, I KNOW it is NOT the bed sanitizer we use because I am constantly in contact with it, and we sell/use top of the line tanning lotion products... which I had ALSO been using before I changed my birth control to Yaz.

Has anybody heard a similar story to this or know much about what I'm talking about?

HELP!

I have been tanning for a week. I started out at 5 minutes and then did two sessions of 7 minutes. On the third 7 minute session I not only got a little burned but had large raised red patches on back around my shoulder blades. Also bumps on my thighs. They went away and I went back three days later only to have the same thing happen but without getting burned. They itch and I too am on Yaz. The salon did tell me that birth control pills can cause sensitivity to sun.

my husband just started tanning and by his 3rd visit he broke out with welts on his back looked like a sworm of masketas got a hold of his back. the problem is he was in a stand up bed. with no lottion on. no contack with the cemicals. i used to work for a tanning sallon and had seen this a time or to and there dr said it was either there meds or a reaction to the tanning so i called my dr and he said it is not uncomin for the body to react to heat like this even if you are a hard core tanner. it could be any combination of things liquids you have casumed or not casumed enuff of or to much of. and food also. and also your porse open up when you are tanning and it could be from germs in the air or some thing else you come in contackt with.so she told me to have him take benadril before he tans and that should help

YES! Birth control pills will cause sensitivity when exposed to the sun or UV rays.
That is most probably why you are itching, and the itching is then causing the bumps all over your body.
Cut down on your time by 1/2 and go much less often, or the best thing is to avoid tanning all together.
It is recommended to stay away from tanning beds and wear long sleeves if you are living in a sunny climate.

I've been tanning for about a week and I just saw the red bumps on the side of my stomach. I don't know what they are either, but they kind of scared me when I first saw them. But, I only have about 3 bumps, but one of them is really big and they kind of itch... I'm hoping they don't last long, they look really gross.

I have been tanning because I am very fair and going to Puerto Rico for Spring Break and so I am building a base tan since I didn't want to burn. I get the bumps on my shoulder blades and in a spot on my butt. My uncle is a dermatologist and said that they are basically an allergic reaction as well. BUT DO NOT take benedryl to treat them, because benedryl is a photosensitive drug, similar to antibiotics that will make you burn more easily.

Im 24 and have been tanning off and on since i was about 15... I NEVER broke out in hives until 6 months ago. I went to Hollywood Tans right before a wedding and my second or third session I broke out in the worse red welt-like hives right across my boobs. They itched like crazy! i went maybe 3 or 4 times after that and broke out every time. I stopped tanning since then but started up again a week ago. I have tanned four days straight now and have been fine up until tonight. I was laying down in the bed and 2-3 minutes into the session i started to feel like someone was pricking me with a thousand pins! I continued to tan anyway but when I got home, I noticed hives/welts all down my stomach and covering my boobs and it itches like crazy!! I don't agree it's the tanning lotion because I've used this kind before. I do think some people just become allergic to the UV rays out of nowhere and it could definitely have to do with certain medications and even birth control. I recently started using the Ortho Evra patch so it could be that. If anyone finds out differently from a doctor that info would be greatly appreciated!

Hey ladies...
this is 100% heat rash or better known as Prickly Heat in adults. It sucks...and it happens to the best of us...I know because I suffer from it as well...I went tanning allll the time before I had my child....waited 2 yrs before tanning again...on my 3rd day of tanning i got this rash...that itched like it was poison ivy...at first i believed it was the lotion as well, being kinda new to tanning again and my skin wasnt used to it. maybe it was the lotion, nope...its def heat rash! The best way to get rid of this and this sucks to say but honestly stay out of the sun until it is gone!!! Not completely but try your hardest to keep the areas covered while out in the sun with lose clothing. And use ALOE everyday...as much as possible..I also used calamine lotion 2 times a day to help with the irritation and to help with drying out the bumps. I got these bumps on my chest, all over my stomach, on my innder thighs, shoulders and on my back in some spots. Its hard to sleep if you do not start taking care of this right away. Try to sleep with no clothes if that is at all possible, and I am not trying to be funny...it will help. I used a fan to keep my body cool and slept with no clothing so it wouldnt irritate while i slept...it honestly took almost a week for mine to go away. I tried to keep myself busy so i wouldnt touch it, rub it or even slap it to help with the itch..LOL...it feels soo much like poison ivy!! Also using an oatmeal bar of soap and scrubbing yourself GENTLY with this will also help. And yes, PRICKLY HEAT can occur at anytime, any age and any season. The more you sweat the worse it gets. After its gone...try to limit your tanning, and be smart about it...if you notice these bumps coming on again..wait wait wait...to tan until they are gone!! I HOPE THIS HELPS GUYS!! HOPE EVRYONE GETS BETTER B/C I KNOW MINE IS DRIVING ME NUTS =)