I got this rash at the back of my back. The bumps are red and they itch. I suspect that this could be a reaction from tanning beds. I have been going to the solarium for the last month, as my boyfriend prefers darker skin, so…..Anyway, am I right or not?

It is quite possible that you got this skin reaction from tanning beds. Tanning beds are as dangerous as sun is. If you went there more often than you should have…..that may be an explanation. However, I honestly believe that you should visit a dermatologist and check the rash, it may be from the food or your new soap, a lotion, deodorant or over-the-counter meds.

It could also be heat rash. I get it on my chest and I have seen some people with it on their arms. They are harmless little red bumps and are caused by sweat trapped beneath the skin, but I have noticed that it goes away after a few hours...

i get the rash too.
i've been a dozen times to the tanning salon. i noticed red bumps on my chest and sometimes on my stomach, legs, arms, and back. but mostly on my chest. i've come to the conclusion that its heat rash, which is really annoying. benadryl spray really helps the itch/irritation, and so does lotion.
i think i have this rash because i'm on birthcontrol. it should go away in a day or so if you dont go under Uv Rays, which is annoying i know.

Hello, I actually just started getting these bumps as well, so did a lot of people that i know. I wouldnt say you are allergic to the tanning bed or anything, it is just simply sweat bumps. like the person said above the sweat (cuz it does get REAL hot in there) sits on you and under you and kinda absorbs back into your skin which causes the bumps. dont worry they will go away, just use a aloe vera or any type of unscented lotion and it will be ok. :-) Otherwise check into a dermatologist if it worries you :-)

i have been tanning for the past week or so and are getting these red bumps on my butt and chest and they itch really bad and i dont know what it is?? can someone help me!!

Hi i have the same problem. I have been tanning for the last week and i get itchy red bumps everywhere that is not usually exposed to the sun. I also get them on my neck, stomach, and chest. I have done much research on it and have come to a conclusion that i have an allergy to the UV rays in a tanning bed. I still go every once in a while. As long as you don't go too often or too long... they should get better.

I have been getting them too, mine aren't red though just simply trapped sweat when I run after tanning. Today I pressed on them and wiped them off with a paper towel and they kind of peeled and I think it took off some of the tan. I lost the website but I did see something that suggested unsanitary tanning beds as the cause. Maybe rewipe down the bed just in case before using it? I am considering not tanning any more.

if you get the bumps ask the front desk for a CLEAN dampened towel and be sure to tell them that you're allergic to the cleaning fluid that they use. I figured out that i was allergic to the cleaning fluid when i would visit several different tanning beds, but the bumps would only come up when i visited one particular tanning bed.
they itch yes, just put some aloe vera on them and take a bennadryl (sp?) and you'll be fine. if not, GO SEE YOUR DERMATOLOGIST.

hey there. im pretty sure it has nothing to do with unsanitary beds, because i get the rash about an hour or so after i tan and i go in the stand up stalls, and therefore touch nothing. i get them all over my belly, back, butt, and boobs and a little on the back of my neck, the are EXTREMELY itchy but do go away usually in less than 24 hours and stop itching after a few hours. i was tanning to attempt to prepare my skin for a trip to mexico, however i still got the itchy bumps from the sun. im also on birth control... dont know if that makes a difference.

are they like patches probably like an inch in diameter? I get them on my chest and arms every time i tan in a tanning bed. Never when i am out in the sun!!

Okay, so I've been tanning for almost 2 1/2 weeks now...and I get really dark. I burned a little bit in the beginning and skipped days until the redness went away, but now on the spots where I burned I have a rash that looks like a welt! I am really nervous that it is impetigo or something else...but I know they clean the beds...I watch them to make sure! It's not the sweat bumps y'all are talking about...I know what those are! Help!

so i have the same thing on my boobs. and i have been going crazy from the itching but taken int consideration that i think it is a heat rash i have put a cold ice pack on them and it feels alt better.

I have a similar issue. I have tanned for years and I have small pin size bumps on my back and under my breasts. There must be about 50 on my back and they are so small u can't see them without a flashlight. The tanning salon is very clean, but I always lay down in the bed, and I have never had this before. They have been here for a week and do not itch.

yeah, last winter i went tanning like everyday and i never got these bumps that i'm getting on my chest now and i layed in the beds for 20 minutes.
I went tanning from Tuesday-Thursday. 7 minutes the first time and 12 all the rest of the times. After Thursday i got really red and these ichy bumps between my boobs and i just figured it was because i was burnt a little bit. I went to bed with like 2 little bumps between my boobs and woke up in the morning with like 8 of them! I went again on friday for like 14 minutes and they got worse so then i freaked out thinking that it was cancer so i stopped for a day and they went away. I went back on sunday and the bumps came back. i went tanning again on monday and tuesday and the bumps spread! they went on my stomache, a few on my shoulders and one on my face! so i skipped wednesday, most of them went away and i went tanning again today (thursday) and now they are back again. i had tanning appointments for tomorrow and saturday but i canceled them because this is just rediculous.
i know it isn't from unclean beds because i always clean the beds with baby whipes before i lay in them.
but i just don't understand why i never got them before but now all of a sudden i am?
my friend who also tans at that same place as me, and the same level got them all over her stomache too. it's so annoying!!