hello.i had an abortion about 7 years ago and as i was young everyone thought that was the right choice to make. i went into depression soon afterwards and am still depressed till this day i cringe whenever i see babies and hate the fact that i lost mine. my current partner and i have been trying to fall pregnant for the past 3 years and to no avail. my GYN says maybe my tubes are blocked but if that is the case why am i still coming on my periods regularly?? am i infertile or is there really something wrong with me and how many days after my priod should we strat trying..

thanks

its true that you need to be releasing an egg every month to get pregnant.
ovulation, when the egg is released, can start around day 10 of your cycle, thats counting from the first day of your period starting.
some women can tell when they ovulate because their vaginal discharge changes at that time.

The amount of normal discharge varies from woman to woman, and with the menstrual cycle. Many women notice that during the week after a period there is hardly any discharge, and what there is has a thick consistency. Towards the middle of the cycle (about 2 weeks after the start of a period) the amount increases and it becomes thin, slippery and clear, like uncooked egg white. When this discharge is exposed to the air it becomes brownish-yellow, so it is normal to find a yellowish stain on your undies at the middle of the monthly cycle. There may also be a feeling of moistness and stickiness.

also , of course, you need a man whose sperms are active and virile to get pregnant.

What works for some couples , is to have sexual intercourse 3 times a week, every other day, for a couple of months, (except when you are having your period).
I hope it works out for you.