I'm new here. I have figured out that the ugly skin condition I had on my arms is Keratosis Pilaris. I am so embarrassed about it and I didn't want to see a dermatologist about it. Does anyone have experiences with Keratosis Pilaris? What can I do about it?

Here is my experience. I'm a 25 year old and have Keratosis Pilaris since for 10 years. My Keratosis Pilaris covers the top of my thighs and my lower legs. So far I’ve tried Lactic Acid AHA, Glycolic AHA, Tanning Booths and laser resurfacing, but the most favorable result has been applying "Kiss My Face Alpha+Aloe" twice a day, after soft abrasion with a moist washcloth.

Hey there!

I also suffer from KP. And have done for as long as I can remember. Infact my mother had it at one point in her life as well. Hers has since cleared, but I am still stuck with it.

To be honest I've tried so many different things to relieve it. I've heard it is not curable...but is treatable. My doctor told me to purchase creams with the active ingredient GLYCOLIC ACID. When I went searching for such products, i found them to be extremely expensive (Neostrata 10% Glycolic Acid Cream). i purchased it anyway, as I thought it may be my answer. For me, however, it didnt seem to do anything. I have also tried tanning....that seemed to help the most as it prompted me to moisturize diligently. I don't feel tanning is healthy by any means, and so I stopped. Right now I'm trying an acne face wash with salcylic acid as I thought it would help with the "plugged" folicles. No census on that yet.
I wouldn't suggest using a pumis stone as it could just scar the affected area.

thanks misek for the suggestion about Alpha+Alow, I will have to try that :-)

good Luck janaya, and keep us posted!

Ive also heard using regular bar soap to wash with is a bad idea because it can further clog the follicles. Just a thought. I havent used bar soap in quite some time and have found the quantity of bumps have subsided.