I am having serious skin problem precisely am having patches of dry skin and it looks so ugly with this goose alike outlook and though those patches are not itchy or painful they periodically gets red and sort of inflamed. And the worse is that except on shoulders and arms I am having those patches of dry skin on my face and I am really having hard time dealing with this so I would like to hear what could this be and how am I supposed to get rid of it? Thanks!

I would say it is more likely to be Keratosis pilaris and though it is no dangerous skin disease it could cause you serious problem regarding your self-esteem and I know it for I also have periodical disconformities regarding its relapses- for it is never pleasant having those acne bumps alike covering your skin and not to mention how embarrassed having patches of dry skin on the face could be. Anyway my keratosis pilaris treatment usually involves applying ammonium lactate cream but since it is not effective in reducing the redness I usually combines it with Urea which turned out - at least in my case-to be very effective in removing the dead skin cells. And since it is been for years now I am dealing with having patches of dry skin – it is about almost 6 years now I am diagnosed with Keratosis pilaris - it frequently happens also I have severe flair ups and than I am using topical corticosteroids but regarding its serious side effects they are advised to be used as short-term treatment.