Hi. I'm 32 year old mother and I would like to find some informations.
About a month ago my 12 year old son has complained about some red spots on his shoulders. There were tiny and very hard to even notice.
I didn’t pay too much attention on it because it didn’t look so serious but just the other day he has mentioned it again. Situations with these red spots didn’t change but I would like to solve this problems because I don’t know what to tell him.
Could it be keratosis pillars?

Tell your son that he don’t have to worry at all because I believe we are talking about one harmless and very common skin disorder called keratosis pillars.
Keratosis pilaris is particularly common in teenagers on the upper arms-reason is unknown. It is usually asymptomatic except for its cosmetic appearance.
Like you assume this isn’t something very serious and these spots are usually white but sometimes rather red. They usually don't itch or hurt. Treatment of keratosis pilaris is not necessary, but he could use alpha-hydroxy acids and apply it twice a day for a month.