Hi! I have had these little bumps on back of my arms. They look like very small pimples and are red and dry. My mother has the same but she doesn’t know exactly what they are, she told me dry and old skin. I tried scrubbing, I used so many peelings but nothing actually worked. Can you please give me an insight in what this could be? Thank you

I think you might have keratosis pilaris because I have them too and I know how annoying they are. They seem to form in childhood and represent a build up of a keratin protein in the hair follicle openings in the skin, this is why they look like pimples. I don’t know about yours but mine are asymptomatic and they don’t cause any discomfort like itching or burning or anything. I heard that it is linked to eczema in some people and that by treating eczema, a person may treat k. pilaris as well but that is not my case. You may wanna see a dermatologist and see if they could recommend some kind of mild exfoliant. They are really hard to get rid of.

Definitely sounds like Keratosis Pilaris (KP). I have those little red bumps on my arms too and only recently discovered it was an actual skin condition. There's no cure and it is inherited, which makes sense why your mother has it too. However, KP can be managed with certain lotions. I found a website specifically for KP sufferers called which has loads of information about what KP is and how to manage it. Hope that helps!