All my puberty time I have so ugly skin on my upper arms. This makes me crazy, because I hate to show it, so I always buy my shirts with goal to cover it. Firstly, I was thinking it will pass, but with few years, I saw that is my condition. One day my friend told me that is keratosis pilaris. I would like to know if I could believe in her diagnosis, and if there is any treatment for keratosis pilaris.

Keratosis pilaris is a skin condition commonly seen on the upper arms and thighs. The skin has appeared as small pimples that have a dry, sandpaper feeling. They are usually white but sometimes rather red, which might bother you. Keratosis pilaris is skin problem, but usually it does not itch or hurt. Treatment of keratosis pilaris is not necessary, and unfortunately often has disappointing results, that is why many people just leave it. With persistence, though, most people can get very satisfactory improvement. Initial treatment should be intensive moisturizing; you can try a cream such as Acid mantle, Vaseline or Complex 15 after bathing. I could recommend you to re-apply the cream again several times daily. If this does not help, change to a medicated cream containing urea or alpha-hydroxy acids. If you want, some more aggressive home treatment, you have to check if your skin can tolerate it. The plugged pores are able to remove, by taking long, hot soaking tub baths and then rubbing the areas with a coarse washcloth.

to be totally honest, i suffer from a very severe case of keratosis polaris and there is nothing you can do. they told me i would out grow it, and i'm not 18 and it's still progressively getting worse. it started when i was 12. creams just make your skin less dry, it's unlikely it'll ever go away, no matter how many creams you try... and trust me, i've tried!

I work in a skin salon, and I have keratosis polaris, and what I have experienced my condition gets worse in the summer when it is humid and creams don't help me, they infact make my condition flare up .. glycolic, glycolic, glycolic...... what clears up the condition for me is regular glycolic peels on the backs of my arms, glycolic gels and glycolic cleansers. It is a big regimine but worth the result.

I've have this for abotu 10 years now and every where i went i've been told that it will never go away, but one day i went to one doctor about acne and before leaving his room i turned around and asked him about my arms and if there was anything ( ofcourse i expected him to say no just like everyone else ) but then to my surprise he said YES there is something so he gave me a lotion i used it for 5 days and my skin felt as smooth as babys! Now i had it on my arms and now my arms are very smooth and with a tiny tan you can't see anything at all and can't feel it the lotion that he gave me is called "DIFLORASONE DIACETATE " i have the.05% so about once a month if i feel something i apply it for 4/5 days and its all gone again! LOVE It and don't know why nobody posting this i read so many post about it and no where i've seen this cream! 8-|

HELP! My legs have extreme keratosis polaris! They also itch very, very bad! vaseline, fragrant free soaps and lotions, apricot scrub, hydrocortisone ....etc. DOESN'T HELP AT ALL ! I am 34 yrs. old and it seems to get worse with age for me. A dermatologist prescribed DIFFERIN CREAM to me a few years back...no relief from that either. I have no medical insurance and can't afford the expensive visits or prescriptions. ANY home remedies out ther?

hello. i have had KP since i was 8 and well im about 17 now, but i have gone to a dermatologist for help...honestly i idn't know of KP until this year; and now i have gels and pills and soaps to help. the results are great but graet effort is needed to keep myself to remember when to take them. I found out Kp is uncurable, and is cause from the skin's excess development of keratin. A key to reducing KP is keeping your skin moisturized( lotion, sunblick, pat dry with towel after shower etc.), and DONT tan to hide it... it may work temporarily but it will also only worsen the condition. I get my perscriptions at mexico (i live near the border area...stron sun = more heat and more danger for me!!!) so far i use Alergibo (soap- "sin aroma= w/out aroma or unscented) and i use that every night, then is the gel called stievemycin (it kinda dries it off skin, very effective) .025% which i have to put on tues and thurs night. well i hope my info was useful to you all.... have a good day and good luck to you all!! :D

Thanks for posting this and I think it should really help people who suffer with it. Thank you for alll your insight. :)

hi everyone,

Ive got severe KP on my upper arms, ive started using neostrata foaming glycolic wash 20AHA and neostrata ultra smoothing lotion on a daily basis...ive seen good results over the last month (first noticed results after 2wks). Its basically glycolic acid an Alpha Hydroxy Acid

BUT !!!!!!!!!!! start using 10AHA to get yor skin used to the glycolic acid if youu have sensitive skin.

Thought that might help people.

I've experienced this and been struggling for many years. I have been searching on how to cure this, remedies, and whatnot. Tried all suggestions on the web. Some methods were effective, and some were not. But after few years of hard work in doing research and testing products/home remedies, I've been keratosis pilaris free for a year now. I've create a site which I personally handpicked and compiled some effective guides/tips that is working for me in curing and preventing keratosis pilaris. I hope my guide/tips will change your lives too. :) Regards,

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Try neostrata ultra smoothing lotion. Worked for me. Combine that with regular waxing..u will see great results