Ive had problems with my legs for a few years now. Whenever i notice my friends when they shave their legs its not as bumpy and icky like mine, its smooth and looks.. well... shaved!

But when my legs look different after they get a shave...

the moment i step out of the shower and look at my legs they look like they have stubbles. But they dont FEEL like stubbles.. its hard to explain. Its like my pours show?

Heres some examples of what it looks like

Its dark and it looks like i have stubbles.. when i obviously dont.

The pictures dont exactly explain it cuz you'd have to see it yourself..

Ive tried shaving twice as hard to get in deeper cuz i thought that i just wasnt getting the hair close enough but it doesnt work, ive tried multiple types of razors but neither work either, ive tried scrubbing my leg to see if any dead skin comes off and it possibly covers up the hair but i didnt..

Now im just baffled, i have no idea what to do anymore! Please help[/img]

I sometimes go to a salon to get my legs waxed. And the professional always push "exfoliation, exfoliation, exfoliation!!" Then in between, I use a razor with a moisturizing strip on it; "Schick Intuition" is the best! I've also had some laser hair removal on my legs just to thin it out but thats pretty expensive so I didn't go to the recommended 10 appointments. Also, using "Bikini Zone" after shaving helps reduce razor bumbs. Bikini Zone is an over the counter medicated gel found in the grocery stores. But if you don't want to bother with all that, I would just suggest a good razor with a moisture strip and a good moisturizer when you get out the shower. Good Luck. :-)

i'm 12 and i have the same problem(i think)
its really embarrassing because all of my friends have nice smooth hairfree legs and mine are
smooth but you can still see the hairs and theres little dots all over my legs
it looks exactly like the photos. I have really light, fair skin and my hairs are dark and thick.
even if i wax, theres still dots.
i was just looking for solutions for this and found this site. so yea thats why i'm commenting on this.
your probably much older than me but i think we have the same problem.
i guess i didn't really help but its just nice to know i'm not the only one with this embarrassing problem.

plz don't think i'm weird :-(

:$

wow. Not sure if anyone is still keeping up with this topic...

Anywho, while it's good to know that you're not the only one battling the same skin problem, finding the name of the actual problem is a different thing. And as you can imagine, solutions are even harder to come by.

Alrighty, that said; it might... MIGHT.... be keratosis pilaris (KP). Only because the problem lies with our hair follicles. If you have some bumps on your arms or upper legs (some people on the net call it "chicken skin" ha... well if that don't just shoot your self confidence), then more than likely the dots/stubble of the legs are related to the KP bumps. Y'know, I love my skin for the wonders it does in protecting me from all the bad little germies in the world, but dangit it sure is aesthetically problematic. XD

So, after surfing the net for a few days and researching the stuff, it looks like there are various remedies out there. Some people say taking Niacin in 250mg doses helps, others advocate different lotions and creams (most with alpha hydroxy acids or benzoyl peroxides etc), there are also special creams and exfoliants for KP on the net you can try out. As another replier said, exfoliation is important and must be done on a constant basis for KP maintenance.

I'm still at the research part of it all though. I'm gonna start trying a few creams and soaps and exfoliants and see if it helps any. If it does, woot. I'll come back and inform everyone.

Quote:

Guest wrote:

did you ever find anything that worked? cause i was looking through websites and I seen your pictures and my legs are 100% exactly like the pictures.

I have had problems with shaving since the day I started.  Legs, underarms, bikini area, you name it.  I am now 46 and still cannot shave.  Years of itching and bumps have left their scars on my legs and left me embarrassed to wear anything that shows my legs.  Over ten years ago I purchased an Emjoi epilator.  The first time using it hurt like H***!  But I have found that this is the only method that works for me.  The hair comes back slower and finer than shaving and very few ingrown hairs.  My legs also stay smooth for several weeks instead of several hours.  Recently had problems with my epilator and had to resort to shaving for a week and my legs paid the price.  I am back to my epilator and my legs are healing.  If you can stand a little pain, and it does get less after time, please try.  Most epilators run about $75 to $100 but last for years.  I still have my scars but they have gotten lighter and I am able to moisturize without any reaction.  I do get small bumps after epilating but they go away after 1/2 hour or so and they do not itch like with shaving.  For a long time I thought I was the only one...like many others.  Relieved to know that there are others out there and am willing to give advice on what has worked for me.

I have this same problem! After I shave there're black dots all over them! I learn to shave everyday and with baby oil! They look much better than when they're were very worst! I was never a shaver, but when I started I noticed how different my legs looked compare to others! I was hoping to clear it up before summer that's why i looked it up! I wanted to get laser treatment when i am 18, next year! I think that is the only way to get rid of it! Other then that you can see your local doctor for skin and see if there's a treatment for it!

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Read more about KP, I think that's what it is. I tried to research more about it and looks like even skinny pants can cause these problems, if you wear them a lot! Research before you use any of these products, I hope they help, I will be starting tomorrow!Good luck to us!

I have the same problem. It's exactly same as you, even tough I shaved only twice or thrice. First I thought it was because of shaving. But then I started waxing.....and these spots still didn't go. It's really disappointing. Because of this problem I always have to cover my legs. I feel so bad when I see how others can wear shorts and skirts whereas I can't. :(

i have the same problem and what makes it worst is i have it every where. i recently learned exfoliating helps alott! a popular natural exfoliant remedy is a couple of tsps of virgin oil and sugar. also lemon. it removes dead skin and lightens and moisturizes you skin.

This is because the waxing is not done properly, you can see in pics the hair id half remove it is not pulled out from the root which lead to such starnge looks.

Proper waxing will avoid this problem.

oh i have the same problem with my legs my brother ask me why does your legs look like that n i was so ..........embarrassing uggg sucks i dont now what to do looking for some thing that could help me

As some other on this post have already identified it i too believe that it looks and sounds like you may have a case of KP.  I know this because i do and have been trying to find the perfect natural remedy to heal this problem.  Sadly i have not found the miracle yet and will be seeing a dermatologist soon myself.  At 30 now is has been over 10 years since i last wore a pair of shorts and as sad as that sounds it makes me confident that it isnt too late either.

I've had this skin problem since i was a little girl  and i don't even know how i got it. It's all over my arms and legs. I have always wondered why do i have these ugly black dots on my body and no one else in my family does. Is there some kind of skin cure for my dry bumpy skin??

I have the Same problem