Well, the tittle pretty much gives you the gist of it. I clean very mercilessly every day, but still i have a slightly noticeable collection of small pimples on my shoulders and the top of my forearms. Usually small, they are little red bumplike spots that pop when picked at (basic pimple description). It has cleared up quite a bit from how it use to be a few years ago, but now it seems as though I'm just keeping it at bay and that it won't clear up any further. So far I've just used normal dove soap, but surely i can just start washing more, or do any of you have any other suggestions?

you should see a dermatologist concerning your bumps...since it seems like a nice soft soap is keeping them away, it could just be exzema, but you should be checked just to be sure. Numerous things can be on a rash such as seasonal changes or even stress. There are steroid creams and pills available that your physician could be prescribe which would help the problem. It could be a heat rash if you are wearing spadex on your arms, or live in a warm area. Exzema is generally not pain and may sometimes itch.

I used to have bad skin until I washed with clean and clear products and an apricot scrub, that did the trick, so check out clearasil etc if you haven't already.

Also, change your bedsheets and clothes regularly, especially your pillows and bedsheets, they collect SO much sweat and filth.

In severe cases, you can go to your doctor and he can perscribe you creams or medication which will help your skin, so make an appointment!

Use salicylic acid on the affected areas. It can be found in Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer by Clearacil. I had the exact same thing and it really works!

Well, I would suggest using a Benzoyl Peroxide soap. maby your body is producing oil, which causes acne. I would not wash more because washing to much may be bad for your skin as well.

I have sensitive skin and have found that if I use the wrong deoderant I get pimples, very small, on my shoulders and upper arms; I switched deoderants and no problems now.

I also get ocassional pimples on part of lower arm that rests on tables/desks etc ocassionally. This, I believe, is from resting my arm on something left on table/desk (bacteria?) my arm doesn't like. I do have to pop/empty these to remove them.

BTW, even cardboard contact w/my skin can result in hives.

gl

K

This sounds like it might be a condition called Keratosis Pilaris (KP) rather than little pimples...it looks like pimples but it's not. Look at the website littleredbumps.com for a more detailed and informative description of the skin condition.

Hope that helps!

Also if you do not want to see a "specialist" a normal doctor can give you an anti-bacteria lotion. Bacteria are very common on the forearm and to certain people they cause pimples or white heads. It is a simple thing to try so yea lol.

I get exactly the same problem. Small, white milk spots on my arm that pop when squeezed. I squeeze mine when I get bored or stressed, and am constantly getting told off for it. Nothing seems to help. Some days they're really noticeable, and some days there are hardly any. Aparrently they are genetic, so they won't go away fully, but there are skin creams which can help. Otherwise, sorry, but your just going to have to live with them.

you should sleep in a cool state and without a top on the spots occur because you are sweating in your sleep and there for the sweat sinks back into your skin wearing a top or under heavy sheats which causes spots to occur. i know this because i did have the same problem until i started doing this. also drink lots of water through out the day.