Can somebody with similar experience explain me one thing, please. I have a big kidney stone. I went to lithotripsy few days ago. My problem is that I still feel kidney pain. Doctors told me that pain will stop after treatment. I’m wondering what did happened when my kidney still hurts after having lithotripsy. Thanks!

Hi! I also had the similar problem with kidney stone last year. It was really painful. You need to know that sometimes during lithotripsy the stone is not completely shattered, and additional treatments may be needed. Unfortunately, you can suffer from pain next eight weeks. Use painkiller drugs and drink plenty of water. Good Luck!

I know how are you feeling but believe me it will pass. After my procedure I had severe pain and I was not just frightened of that pain (because I was afraid that something else is in question and that I was misdiagnosed) but also furious. So when I get to see my doctor again he has informed me that I need to undergo one more procedure or that I should try with home treatment but that pain will be very high intensity and that only thing he can do is to give me a little bit stronger painkillers. I have agreed and it was very painful experience but I managed to get trough it.    

Drink a lot of fluids and try to be strong. Good luck.