i just found out today that I have a cyst in my right kidney. I'm 25 yrs old and about 8 months ago I dealt with a very large kidney stone in my left kidney that I had the lithotripsy procedure done to help pass the stone. I've had UTI's since the age of 16, roughly 3 a year, they seemed to get much worse after my two births. They believe that the stone I had 8 months ago was probably with me for at least a year and probably wasn't noticed b/c the pain was being confused for contractions. I have a very high tolerance for pain so i am able to go forward with pain not realizing the severity of it. The only way I found out I had a kidney stone in the first place was from being so sick to the point it sent me to the ER. My question is do I need to be concerned about cancer or other kidney problems now that they found a cyst and what causes cysts to form? What do they do to find out if the cyst is cancerous? It just seems like the many issues I've been having more recently involving my kidneys could be not such a great thing and i wonder if anyone has any information for me about any of this? Any opinions or help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Betsy,

I have been dealing with very similar issues. I am also 25, have several kidney stones, and infections, as well as a cyst on my left kidney. I have been told that cysts are common, but Im not happy with that answer. Have they suggested injecting dye up into your kidney to see if its an actual cyst, or kidney damage? You should maybe ask for that test, as well as more ultrasounds to keep an eye on it. I am going to see a Nephrologist (Kidney Dr) to look into my problems further.

Good luck!

I am 63 years old and I have 3 cysts on my left kidney which were detected 3 years back after ulltra sound in a reputed hospital. Doctor

told me that this is due to ageing process but I am under medication

since then and leading a healthy life.

Hi there,

In Nov last year I was dx with a Kidney Cyst. the first thing that they will determine is if the cyst is complex or simple, If it is a simple cyst there is nothing to worry about if it is complex that it could be cancerous.

One week ago today I had a 2cm cyst removed from my left kidney, they were not sure if it was cancerous but were able to determine with a ct that it is a complex cyst so they didn't want to leave it. I am 34 and never had issues with my kidney's until this cyst showed up so the Dr decided that it was best treatement to remove it.

I will find out on Oct 16th if there was cancer in the cyst.

good luck