Hi! Recently I had a problem with bladder stone. Doctor recommended lithotripsy and it helped me. Now I’m ok and don’t feel any pain. Yesterday I read something about medications for pets that can dissolve bladder stones. I’m wondering are there some for humans? What medications are used to dissolve bladder stones in humans?

Stones that do not pass on their own usually may be removed by lithotripsy or cystoscope. Medications are rarely used to dissolve the stones. Depending on the type of stone, you can use some of these medications: allopurinol, sodium bicarbonate, sodium citrate, phosphate solutions and antibiotics. Also patients like to use painkillers.

Dear bladder stone sufferer. I read a med site where diabetes can be a consequence of lithotripsy used for kidney stones crushing. I hope that this was explained to you first.

Hello there,

It is better to resolve problems with kidney stone by lithotripsy. First of all, if the number of the stones is small and they are not big doctors are usually recommending home treatment. This is very painful and it can go on for weeks until stones pass on their own. The only medications which are recommended in this case are painkillers. And drinking a lot of fluids of course is always advisable. I have heard that lemonade is recommended for kidney stones and this is because of the citrus acid. They are saying that citrus acid is very good for breaking the stones.

Since Dermot has given you the list of medications which can help you there is no need in reapeating his words.

Hey. I'm doing my assignment about bladder stone. As far as i know, the medication for this is pain killer (pethidine) and antibiotic (augmentin) to kill the bacteria in the urinary tract. However, the cause for stone forming is basically due to dehydration and not fully emptying the bladder and always hold to pass urine.. I encourage anyone who has this problem, just drink a lot of water and yes, lemonade juice every morning with breakfast :) get well soon. xoxo from malaysia :*