Hi, I have a big problem with this big kidney stone, causing me a great, cramping pain. The stone is too large to pass on its` own and I have recently noticed some blood in my urine. I often have to go to the bathroom and it feels like burning when I urinate. Did anybody have a kidney stone removal? I want to hear some experiences from the first hand.

Well, I had a very large kidney stone and had to go to a percutaneous nephrolithotomy treatmant. My stone was too large to go for extracorporeal shochwave lithotripsy (the most frequently used procedure). But, if your stone is not that big, you can try ESWL. You will recover in no time, within a few days. But, this procedure can give you some complications, such as blood in urine. Maybe meds could help you, or ureteroscopic stone removal, but if nothing you always have a surgical treatment. The surgery is very painful and recovery time takes a month or more.