Hello! Few days ago I noticed my urine changed its color but since I had no other symptoms I didn’t pay much attention. Then I felt extreme pain in my back yesterday and since it wouldn't go away I visited my doctor. He performed an ultrasound examination and said it was a kidney stone. He said the stone was small and that I should drink plenty of water which would help to move the stone out of the body. He also prescribed some pain killers. The stone has gone out of my urinary tract this morning but I still feel the pain in my kidney.

Hello! I have never had a kidney stone but I know some people who did and they told me how painful it was. As you already said the symptoms were pain, blood in the urine and sometimes fever and vomiting. Location and intensity of pain are related to the position of the stone. Intensity doesn’t depend on the size of the stone but on the degree and site of the obstruction and it could be connected with the presence of infection. Usually the pain goes away in a few days. It the pain is still present after that time you should visit your doctor. The cause may be another stone which didn’t pass out or something else. In any case examination is required.

I know this sounds weird, BUT it could be your mattress. We just went through a horrible 3 month battle with a very similar thing. My boyfriend had kidney pain. Dr. saw that there were 2 small kidney stones, but that they were "non obstructing" so they did not want to do lithotripsy. We begged and pleaded as the pain was every day, especially in the MORNING. Finally the Dr. preformed the lithotripsy. It kidney/lower back pain was better for a few days and then came RIGHT BACK. Dr said it must be coming from his back, since he had a back fusion from s1 to t11 in 2012. Back Dr. checked everything out and found no issues with the back fusion or nerve impingement. We were pulling our hair out for months as the pain persisted and persisted. Then we realized we had gotten a new mattress right about the time the pain started. It turns out that even though it is a high end mattress it is to firm for him. We have a high end Dormia MEMORY FOAM topper from another bed and tried putting the memory foam topper on top of the mattress and had him sleep on top of that. Whola, it was like a MIRACLE, the kidney and lower back pain got markedly better each night over the next week until it was gone. SO LOOK INTO THE MATTRESS THAT YOU ARE SLEEPING ON, IS IT OLD AND WORN OUT? IS IT TOO FIRM OR TOO SOFT? Try getting a HIGH END QUALITY memory foam pillow topper from a company like DORMIA. It has changed his life completely.