In 2007 I noticed problems with my knee such as it locking up on me and problems bending it. I was doing a dance routine when I had heard a pop and from then on, I couldn't really walk. I went to the emergency room and they put me in a knee immobilizer. For 6 months I went to doctors trying to figure out what was wrong and they found nothing. I finally decided on arthroscopy where the surgeon found that the knee cap was slightly dislocated. He cut the cartilage to try and pull the kneecap back into place. He also told me never to walk up stairs again. Well, 2 years later, I am still having pain in my knee (although not as bad on a normal basis) but when I walk for extensive periods (4 hours or more) my knee swells and I can barely walk on it. I don't know what to do.

Have you tried aspirin and fish oil? When taken together, they are very powerful anti-inflammatory agents.

I am a little surprised that your doctor has not prescribed you any anti-inflammatories. Have you spoken to your doctor about any knee problems that you've had since your surgery? What did they say about your follow up when you went in after the surgery? Please let us know what happens when you talk to your doctor.