Frequently when I run my knees hurt afterwards, sometimes all day. The pain is usually a very generalized ache, not too bad and nothing so specific that I could find anything on some of the other med help sites.

I should add that even before I started running my knees have never been my pals, always cracked alot, and were in contention for 'body part I'll likely have replaced by medical science' even back when I was a kid.

I welcome info or suggestions about what to wear, do, etc.

Thanks!

:wavey: I take 600 mg of Ibuprofen / day to help with the achiness. My knees feel better when my quads are in good shape from cycling.

Make sure all muscles surrounding (and thus supporting, ie quads, hammies, calves, abductors, adductors ) the knees are both strong before and well stretched after a run. If you have a weakness (say in the quads) it could be allowing things to shift that shouldn't (your knee cap maybe) and if you have a tightness (say in hamstrings or piriformis) it could be pulling things out of whack too, ie IT band, and causing pain. IMHO ibuprofen is good, but having to take it daily is no way to live. See if you can't strengthen and stretch the pain away.

Do you take any kind of supplements? I, along with many have had good luck with glucosamine/chondroitin. And recently, I've tried Fluidjoint and have even better results. My hip is my achey-brakey and I tell ya, this Fluidjoint is wonderful stuff.