alright im new to the forum and am a tad embarrassed about this, but i guess we're women here and can all relate...

well i am 16 years old and am not sexually active, however a few nights ago i noticed that i have developed some cyst-like growths on both sides of my labia minor underneath the skin...ive noticed these lumps before months ago, but there was only one and it was small, so i figured it was an ingrown hair or something similar. however, from what i felt the other day, there are now approximately four of them from what i can tell, now on both sides, and they have significantly increased in size from what i previously noticed. in the past few days they have begun to cause me pain while walking or standing, and theyre now constantly itching. ive been looking up possible problems every night, but nothing i found perfectly fit the description of my problem. i've had breast cysts before so i dont think that is the problem because it didn't occur this way, but this is greatly concerning me.

i'm humiliated to talk to my parents about it or even my closest friends or family members, so this is a last resort for me to ask for some help. is there anything you can tell me, please??

Hi! I really can’t think of anything that could be forming except maybe yeast infection that itches. Even if it were yeast infection, you would still need to see either a dermatologist or a gynecologist to determine what it could be.

How exactly do these cysts look like. How big are they, pimple-like, biger, smaller, is there any fluid in them, white stuff….etc….all of these things matter.

You said you haven’t had sex but did you make out with any of the guys in your underwear or without cloths. I am asking in order to find out if there was skin to skin contact.

Have you been recently on a antibiotic treatment for other bacterial infections not regarding your genitals or sexual life? What kind of deodorants, pads, or washing soaps are you using. All of these things could contribute to overgrowth of yeast infection on the vulvar area and in the vagina. Non-cotton underwear as well.

Whatever it is, it is causing you pain and discomfort and you shouldn’t ignore it. Why won’t you show it to your mother? Maybe she could tell what it is by seeing it. Don’t forget that out parents are our best friends although we don’t realize that until we are much older.

thanks for the reply=] to answer your questions, every encounter ive had with a guy we've both been fully clothed, so thats not really an issue...i actually was just on a gigantic boatload of antibiotics that just ended a week or so ago from a case of pneumonia, i was taking pretty much 10 pills a day for about a week. the growths themselves are hard, beneath the skin, and about as big as one section of your finger each, theres about 4 of them in all. theres no odd coloring or fluids or anything. im not using any new products, the same brands ive been using for years.

i was hoping to maybe find out it was simply something like a yeast infection before going to someone in person about it, if it was something i could fix up myself---im just concerned to see if theyre not malignant or something, which i doubt, but i want to do some research anyway...

Short version: the tiny glands that produce lubrication for your outer vaginal area can get clogged up and become cysts. A doctor can clear this up for your quickly and easily, and it's not a *sex* thing, at all, so there's no worries of someone (ahem, parents, cough) thinking you've been up to something.

Short version: the tiny glands (Bartholin) that produce lubrication for your outer vaginal area can get clogged up and become cysts. A doctor can clear this up for your quickly and easily, and it's not a *sex* thing, at all, so there's no worries of someone (ahem, parents, cough) thinking you've been up to something. Go get checked out and get it taken care of already.

yea, i have same problem for 2 years now. pls help me out. i am affraid to tell my mom. pls let me know

I have the same problem for like a few years now, It's so embarrasing. Im not going to tell my mum or going the doctors, Im only 14 and very self concious of my body. Can anyone suggest anything to make it go away without going to the doctors or chemist?

My left labia is very large and there is a hard almost golf ball sized ???? ball kind of thing in it... can you please give me some suggestions as to what my deal is? Also very painful!

Talk to your parents if u cAnt go see your doctor