Hi, lately I've been having these sort of pinches on my chest near and on my heart area for a few seconds which concerned me very much so I went to the doctor, had a EKG done which turned out to be all fine, he diagnosed me with anxiety and prescribed me mexazolam if this symptoms should happen again, for a couple of days i was fine but it came back and it scares me i begin having this weirds thoughts that i might die in the few next minutes......

if someone could relate or help me with this i would very much appreciate it

btw in case this helps.. im 20 years old, 6.5 feet tall and weight about 261lbs therefore obese.. my colesterol levels are good (132), as for my bp its 130/70 a bit high for my age .

thanks again for reading, any help is welcome

I can relate to your problem, and if that pinching sensation lasts for longer than usual, call 911 without delay. I don't want to scare you, but I hesitated and ended up fainting in the middle of the hall.

J1m20 - I'm male, 24 years old, 5' 10" and 214 lbs. and have delt with this problem for about 2 years now. It started with anxiety which I eventually got a handle on with Valerian and meditation (and drinking, I'm an alcoholic). I once drove myself to the emergency room during an anxiety attack triggered in traffic, had an EKG and of course, everything was "fine".

I got a hold on the anxiety but I will still get a pinching feeling in the center of my chest now and then. I don't have health insurance so I take care of myself. I've found that Valerian, Skullcap and Hops are good herbs for stress and to help with sleep - when I don't sleep well the pinching happens more.

Also a multi-vitamin and a complete B-vitamin complex and exercise along with better eating (I don't need to tell you I'm sure) have lessened the degree of pain and frequency of the pinching.

The only other thing that has helped me is "Blood Pressure Factors" made by Michael's Naturopathic Programs. You can find this in the 'All Natural' section of Wegmans if it is in your area. Otherwise check out your local health food store if you think these might help. What works for one person might not work for another but it's worth a shot.

im 21 and ive been having pinces around my left chest and right and sometimes on myback about 3 months. i went to the hospital and got done all the tests they needed and they all came out fine. some times it could be very painful these sharp pains. so far wha ive been serching it is because of nerves.

I'm 28 now, and I first started having this exact same problem when I was 21. It was a dull pinching type pain mostly on the left side of my heart, but sometimes would move down. I had no other symptoms. After +4 months feeling it daily, I finally went to see a cardiologist. The strangest thing: as soon as I found out the EKG showed everything to be normal - the pain went away...must of been stress/psychology that was the cause as I suspect is the same for some of you.

When I was younger I took alot of supplements and had panic attacks later as a result. I would be so wired that my nerves eventually could not take it and I would get really nervous. It was when I got really nervous and wound up that this would happen. I have went to the E.R. a few times freaking myself out about this. I had the tests done and I've been good. The biggest thing is stress. You have to be sleeping right, getting enough exercise, and not drinking those damn energy drinks.

Just arrived home from a Walk in Clinic. Have pinching in my heart along with shortness of breath. After an EKG and a chest x-ray they sent me home and in a few hours I will go see a cardiologist. I believe it is important to seek medical attention with this type of situation, so I did... for some reason, they also prescribed a medication for stress. I am not out of the woods yet as I need to see the cardiologist and perhaps get a stress test. I will keep you posted. Age: 43 (they say mom's know best... my mom said Just Go Home and Rest!! I will rest, but will continue seeking medical advice until everything is ruled out).

Hello

I just turned 30 and 4 months ago in the middle of the night when i was about to go to sleep i got weired piches in the heart area and thought I was having a heart attack. I panicked and asked my husband to call 911. i was taken to the hospital and they did all kinds of checkups and i was told to go home with a sleeping pill and sleep. They said I was having an anxiety attack. Once I was home for almost 3 weeks I visited every single clinic available seeking help for the heavy chest I had when breathing and lack of sleep. All doctors came to the same conclusion but I was feelieng relieved by just visiting a doctors office. I was always afraid of "dying" even though doctors told me that i am healthy. Until today I still heavyness in my chest but I am able to control and have educated myself about anxiety and how to control it. Cause if you allow it to control you then the worst thoughts happen and you will be dying every day. I have asked my daughter for complete checkup and everytime I am going through one comes back fine. The only thing that was developed from stress was acid in the stomach that causes the heaviness in the chest. I was given Prevacid and it works sometimes and other days it doesn't ...but I try my best to be very careful in what i eat and now I believe it is a lifestyle..!!

From what I have been reading and hearing that this could go on for a while..but try to treat yourself..!! I cant believe I am giving advice here but it certainly helped me to breath. I still get pinches or sharpnes which are caused by gas that is caused by gas.
Its fubnny but a pharmacist is the only one was able to help me and told me that I should check up for H.pylori which is usually a bacteria that causes ulcers and gas and the heavy chestness...and in many cases H.pylori is caused or triggered from stress...!!

Am here doing that, has anyone heard of the linden method, he claims he can cure anxiety. thinking of trying it.
any help would be great. now I am taking valerian and holy basil, the later is supposed to help promote stability brain and nerves.
the doc also said my brain needs to be reset, any idea what that ment?

I'm a 21yr old male, I can remember the pinching in my heart all the way back to the 5th grade where i had my dad come n take me home from school.... I'm still alive. I drink alcohol A LOT.. and i mean a 12 pack a night for the past 2 years with maybe a day or 2 off here n there. My heart got so bad, i decided to change things up and for the past month ive only drank like twice... they said at the er i had severe alcohol withdrawl but that cant be it.... my EKG, blood tests and xrays came back all normal. I get an echo n holter monitor next week and yeah my chest is always very heavy. When i run and play basketball my pain goes away tho, so try cardio

it's scary to have a pinching pain on the left of my chest, but it's not really constant. it comes and go, but i get very scared just thinking about it. i look up the signs for heart attack and none of them fit me. i feel good like usual just with a pinching pain on my left chest.
somtimes it's right in the middle of my left chest, sometimes it's like right below my nipple, at least that's how it feels to me...
this initially started like two or three months ago, but it went away and it came back recently.
last night the muscle right under my nipple started to shake for like a minute or two, but i checked my pulse rate on my neck it was fine and constant...

Well, Ive had a couple of similar episodes..I might have been 13 when i had one, I would feel a sharp pinching pain that seemed to be in my heart, and I would'nt be able to breathe as I normally would. I needed to take short breathes if I tried to take a deeper one, it would hurt..eventually it went away on its own. When I was 21, it was back again, I blamed it on stress, so did one doctor, told me to take anti-anxiety medication every time I had an episode. When I was 25, my new PCP shocked me when she asked me if I was aware that I had an innocent heart murmur..Every single doctor I saw until that point failed to notice it. She made me get a echo cardiogram to confirm, and results showed that its just innocent murmur and not a problem that needed to be fixed..In the past year I think I started noticing the pinching in my heart again, one time it was so bad that I thought I was having a heart attack..I made an appointment to see the doctor..she took an ecg and nothing unusual other than the fact that I had the usual murmur..she diagnosed it with Pleurisy, a condition that causes inflammation in the lungs, one or both sides but it feels like as if you might have a problem with your heart. The doc prescribed me with 800mg Iboprufen and said it will go away on its own in a few days..The inflammation can be caused by virus or bacteria..For me the pain did really go away in about 2- 3 days..but lately I have been having a lot of it..Just last month I experienced a sharp pain that was shooting down my arm for a few seconds that scared me a lot ..I took some Iboprufen and things were fine..I am wondering now as I feel the pain coming on again- second time this month- that may be I should go back to the doc..If it gets worse tomorrow I'll be heading there..but most people aren't aware of Pleurisy..and I felt like may be my experience and diagnosis from my doctor can help a few who have experienced this problem. Hope this helps.

I'm so glad that I found this site and read all the comments about the pinching in chest area. I'm a 39 year old female. Overweight by about 60 lbs. But basically healthy. Cholesterol & blood pressure are both fine and always have been. I had some rapid heart beats early last month that had been happening several times per week. Most often in the evening while I was trying to go to sleep or would wake me suddenly making me think that I'd had a nightmare that I couldn't remember. Anyway had a close friend 2 years older than me die suddenly. They think from a heart attack. Scared me half to death. I went to the doc the next week. Found out I had an irregular heartbeat which they attributed to an inverted T-wave. They sent me for a stress test anyway... Well it came back normal. The cardiologist said that I just needed to change my diet. He didn't explain why I needed to do that. But he said my heart was very healthy. He thought that losing weight might help me out.

I have a VERY stressful job.... so now that I'm reading all of the previous comments I really feel that maybe it is a stress related disorder like anxiety. It makes perfect sense really. Most of the time I'm so busy during the day that I don't have time to really think. Then at night when I'm trying to shut my mind off and go to sleep I can't do it because I can only think of all the things I didn't get done that day and plan in my mind what I'm going to do the next day when I get to work. I really don't want to have to take medication on a long term basis to treat this and I can't see me changing jobs. I don't know what the answer is. I think I'll start with research on anxiety, causes and treatments - maybe some natural ones and more importantly - prayer.

Thanks for all the advised and info given above. Hope we all sleep better and feel less anxious.

i used to get shooting chest pains that would sometimes buckle my knees and get this same pinching feeling in my chest like i needed to stretch or something in a place that could not be stretched. looking at these forums, i don't really see a conclusion. i had these pains from age 16 - about 19. never went to doctor and am 35 now. haven't had them since. someone in the earlier posts said to call 911 if they last longer than normal. i think this is good advice. be sure to exercise and eat right. stay away from doctors unless you really need some help. doctors as of late, at least in the us, are basically salespeople that motivate with fear. drugs and surgery are the first suggestions these days. save your money. and, advances in medical research are getting better daily. waiting is not as bad as it sounds, because if something gets serious, you will get better treatment in 5 years than you would today. good luck. live healthy.