Just recently I noticed that my right labia majora is swollen. The left side is fine, but the right side is (red, swollen,and slightly itchy). I've never come across this problem Does anyone know what caused this?

I have the same problem. Only difference is, I also have white discharge from the vagina.

girlygirl925, i am also having the same problem but without the itch. how is it going for you? did you get diagnosed? i just make an appointment to see my gyna this wkend. just wondering if u can offer me any advice on this.

me too. any advice?

girlygirl, i have the same problem too. have you been treated? would you mind sharing your experience and advice. am so worried about it!

I went to the doctor cuz my labia majora is swollen & very itchy & at the same time i got white little lumps around my vagina. Its really sore when I urinate. I'm having troubles walking or even sitting down. The doctor diagnosed me of having follicullitis (infection of hair follicles) because i have been shaving & the doctor said it can sometimes happen. I was prescribed with an antibiotic for the infection. Just wondering if anyone had the same problem & what did u do.. cuz at the moment im still in pain..

i would say that the majority of you have a yeast infection
symptoms are usually, itchiness, redness, swollen, sometime abnormal discharge
the first time i got one i called my mom crying
just tell your doctor, they can either give you pills or cream
its very common
also if you cant get to the doctor right away and you have epsom salt around your house
have a bath with about a cup of it, its relieves most itching for the time being

My labia is swollen too, I did shave a couple of days ago and now its all red and itchy, and extremely swollen, I'm waiting for my nurse to call me so I can see what to do. I cant even sleep, it burns and itches like crazy. I think possible razor burn, but we will see.

Well I have had a swollen right outer labia for almost TWO YEARS NOW! I have been to the Doctor SO many times. I was tested for ALL STD's and I have nothing. Doctor even made me try a scabies treatment just in case (even though he said it does not look like scabies) and that did not help at all. I have been to the doctor so many times for this and they never can find out what this is so I just gave up. I hate this so much and just want to make it go away. It got a little better when I was pregnant with my first child, but after about 6 weeks post partum it returned. It gets all itchy and swollen on one side and it itches SO bad that I tear up my skin. I have no other symptoms at all: no disharge, no smells, no bumbs, no sores-- just an itchy, swollen, inflamed Labia Majora.
I have only been to my regular doc so I am thinking of going to a dermatologist...I have searched so much online for a possible diagnosis. I have even switched my soaps/laundry detergents, etc and no help.

I had this for te first time ever. Diagnosed with Tinea Crusis/ Jock itch. I wore one of my son's washed boxers and ended up with this, you can get it from wearing a dirty pair of jeans or if you wore a thong with those pants. Ihave had it 5 weeks now, been using lotrimin and other over the counter jock itch meds. Minimal improvement, I'm miserable. I don't understand why doctors won't prescribe antibiotics especially with a swollen labia. Labia is startign to ache. Doctors are now making ppl suffer to undo the over use of anti biotics. I'm going to another doc. Good luck

I have the same problem and on the swollen side, the inside has an extremly tiny red bump( so tiny I can't even call it a bump) it's very itchy and I think that's what's making my minor labia swollen but both of my labia majora are swollen

i have the same thing, but it only gets swollen on my right side... and only when i masturbate too hard.

this isn't a joke... my right labia majora is like a balloon and the right side of my clitoris is swollen too. this has happened a few times before but the one time i asked my doctor she said i looked fine- but of course it had gone away by then. it usually goes away but it keeps getting bigger for longer every time it happens and i'm really scared because i don't know what it is... please, help!

I have the same thing. I think it might be a vascular problem. Like there's a big vein or something inside that is getting backed up and making it swell and itch (in the same way hemorrhoids itch). I would ask your doc about that. I intend to ask mine when I see him.

i woke up this morning with a similar problem.. and it is on the right side it is really red itchy and saw but i thought id so some research on this just in case but i was wondering if it was harmful or can it be treated ?