My 1 year has a fused labia causing bladder & yeast infections. Dr. prescribed the estrogen cream. I don't want to use it. Any homeopathic remedies?

My daughter has had the same problem, You should use the cream that the doctor has prescribed for her, this can help open it up, if the cream doesnt work, then she would have to have surgery to open it up for her, my daughter had this done, and you would still have to use the cream for a while after this, There isnt anything at home that you can use on her for this, if you use anything else than what is prescribed then you could cause her more problems, such as other infections that could be hard to cure, or prevent in the future...I promise that the cream wont cause any harm to your daughter, its safe for her or your doctor wouldnt prescribe this...

My daughter has the same thing too. We have tried the cream and she has had surgery for it, and she still closes back up.

dont trust someone that belives a doctor SO blindly

You could always go to other doctors and get their opinion.

My daughter had this problem as well. Her's was very closed! I was really paranoid about it. Got more paranoid the older she got. 3 days before her birthday it came completely open on it's own.

In all the research I did I found that age 2 was the most common time when it would resolve on it's own without any treatment.

Your little girl will start producing more estrogen on her own and it will open up! Don't do anything until she's past her 2nd birthday!

If your daughter is having repeated bladder infections, I would go ahead and try the cream. In most instances, no treatment is necessary, but if their are problems like your mentioning, you do not subject your daughter to repeated infection, perhaps even risking a kidney infection.

My daughter, too, had an infused labia, but I was lucky to have a pediatrician discuss it at length with me. She informed me that treatment has become quite a controversy among pediatricians, with most just automatically prescribing the cream and forcing the labia open. She felt differently, knowing that its in issue that nearly always resolves itself, that its simply not worth the pain or risk. After all, what need does a small child have for her vaginal opening? Her own daughter had an infused labia that didn't open until 4 years. My daughters opened up at 2 years. Apparently, some girls wait until puberty until it opens up.

I offer this as a caution to most parents, in which associated complications tend not to occur. In your case, you're already experiencing some issues, so the procedure is worth considering. Do some more self-research, and by all means, if your doctor has not discussed this and your options thoroughly, consider getting a new doctor. We should not trust all doctor's advice, rather we should find docters worthy of trusting.

My 1 year old also have a fused labia and within two weeks the ointment worked without having complications/side effects. Yeast infections and bladder infections are very painful and the ointment is a fix for this. I always keep Vaseline on her to keep it moist so this won't happen again and it works. The only other way is surgery and that is also painful. Think of your little baby and the discomfort that she is in. Once the ointment and hormones are out of her body she will be herself again. GOOD LUCK for her sake.

I am not one to advocate following doctors' orders without any question, but I would suggest using the cream. While this does resolve itself without any help the vast majority of the time, your daughter is a special case because she is having complications from it. It is not fair to your daughter to force her to endure painful complications because you don't want to use the cream. It is painless and harmless, and any side effects such as breast growth disappear when the cream is stopped.

You can keep the fusion from reoccurring by applying lubricant to the labia after they are separated, so don't let fear of the labia re-fusing keep you from treating the problem.

hi my 4 year old daughter has the same problem but im worried for her future if a child has low levels of estrogen that prevents the labia opening then what is the chances she with have problems conceiving especially when iv needed I.V.F treatment???

My daughter has fused labias now and has previously had this issue.  She was prescribed estrogen cream the first time and it did not help her.  She had to have the simple surgery to take care of this.  It was explained to me that when the labias fuse it is due to a rash or something of the sort that was healing and over healed.  I was informed that fused labias can cause bladder infections and can cause kidney failure resulting in death possibly.  The first time she fused so much that she only had a ball point pen dot to pee through and was uncomfortable.  She is having this problem once again and I am using the estrogen cream in hopes that since she had the surgery already the cream will work and I won't have to take her back to have the procedure done again.  I am a new mom so this is kind of freaking me out that this is happening again.  Is there anything I can do to help prevent her from getting fused labias again?

I used the creme on my daughter.  When she went into early puberty, grew axillary and full pubic hair at age 9, started her periods shortly thereafter, grew breasts (full size ) a few months later, we were very concerned.  We took her to a specialist who ran blood tests and found very high elevations of testosterone.  The specialist said we should never have used that cream. (PREMARIN) when calling the company who makes it, they were outraged that we used it on our 9 year old.  They told me that it has NEVER been tested on children and contains and hodge podge of hormones, both male and female.  I was so upset. Now my daughter is 14, she has had her periods for 5 years, the skin is worse, and she is having all kinds of problems.  Ovarian cysts,  frequent and constant yeast and urinary tract infections.  And I want to point out one page on this disorder indicated everything from our not keeping her dry enough to even sexual abuse as the cause, it is nonsense.  We kept our daughter clean, dry and never let her sit in a wet diaper.  I cared for my daughter and she was never abused nor left with anyone (Im certain) and so that was not a factor.  The specialist we saw and the one now said that is nonsense as well, it is an under production of estrogen and NOTHING more.  How dare the doctors try to make it sound like the parents somehow did something wrong!!!!

I find out today that my 1 year has the same thing Dr gave me cream to use 2 a day till it opens. Do u know how long it would take??

Even my daughter has this problem since she was two. my doctor prescribed me the same cream i started using it but when i read the leaflet inside it i was shocked that im using this cream for my little one. somehow i stopped the cream and when i consulted my homeopath she told me not to use this cream ever. She told me to keep the area clean with coconut oil so that she doesnt have infections. I keep it clean and she doesnt have any problem....now im just waiting for the day when she would naturally get it open.

Gry! There is many natural remedies for fused labia! Cream is on steroids and hormons...how can u be so sure it won't harm the baby, ? Look at the list of essential oils that solve the problem... Then calendula cream does the job as well... Not mentioning homeopathy.. There is sea of possibility !