this may sound really weird, but i was just going to the bathroom, and i noticed a tiny bit of bright red blood. it was a bowel movement, and i was a little constipated. i struggle with anal fissures and perianal tears all the time. runs in the family. so, at first i just assumed that the blood was coming from the anal area. i wiped back there to see. no blood. then i wiped again on the right side of the vaginal area. i got a little more blood, but i couldn;t seem to locate where it was coming from. i got a small mirror to take a look down there. at first i didn;t notice anything out of the ordinary. it looked like my vagina and the inside of the labia minor were maybe a little bit brighter red than normal.

i used to get frequent yeast infections, and i had some irritating discharge a couple of days ago. but right now it is just a pasty white. nothing too out of the ordinary. i remember itching quite a bit before i went to sleep last night, but i cleaned the vaginal area and went to bed. but looking back, i remember scratching that area through my clothes.

anyways, what i am getting to is that i noticed a very thin tear about 1/4 inch long on the outside of the labia minor. (sorta in the crease between that and the labia major). it was no longer bleeding, and i had a hard time distinguishing it from being a crease. i have really dry skin and eczema, and sometimes that whole area seems really dry, as does my anal area. i have "creases" that i think are from that area being dry. it feels a little uncomfortable now, about 20 minutes later. i tried to look up tears and cuts in the labia minor and couldn;t find much. i am wondering if this could be irritation from scratching and/or dry skin/eczema or some kind of infection. i do not remember ever having this kind of bleeing before...except in the anal area which happens a lot, especially when i am constipated.

any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks!

what was it?

answer this please i get them from time to time
n they are very itchy

I would love to know TOO! I get this...and my 3 year old just started screaming when she peed and I looked and she has it too....

i have one too
and i had just had a yeast infection so im thinking maybe it might have something to do with that??
its like the area is extremely dry and itchy :-(

Quote:

I used to get minor yeast infections when I was a toddler. No discharge but itching and vaginal tears. I still remember how much it itched and burned when I peed. I think being prone to yeast infections is genetic.

This is what my mom did:
* 100% cotton panties--no exceptions
* no soap on the vagina except for Cetaphil
* Vaseline on the tears to protect them from the urine

As an adult I learned that a daily dose of live acidophilus bacteria found in a supplement, yogurt, or drink (like DanActive) stops me from getting the infections and resulting vaginal tears in the first place.

When I read this I felt like I was reading my Own story minus the constipation. I honestly think it has to do with the unconscious itching of the yeast infection which can sometimes be rough.

my daughter has this as we speak im sick and tired of taking her doctors and trying numerous creams! i want to get to the bottom of it! she is only 3 and she is in pain all the time!