I got this topical steroid cream Betamethasone Dipropionate Cream for genital (vulvar) irritation, burning, itching skin condition. NOTE: it is NOT vaginal condition, so there is NO correlation to vaginal infections and /or other issue. Its for burning SKIN on vulva (all infections were ruled out) and ladies PLEASE if you know, just tell me if you tried this medicine and if worked? I dealt with so much in 4 long months of the undiagnosed pain. No sex, no tampons, no soap or irritants, I tried everything else but the cream! Do not go on explaining infections (and their causes), allergies and menopause to me. I DON'T have those conditions. No STDs, no Herpes, no yeast, no BV, blah blah. they tested ma for everything, shrugged shoulders and gave me ths Rx. On wiki I see that it is very strong and I want to ask if some one used it. Plz let me know. thank you.

yes, great for vaginal burning, thinning of tissue in post-menopausal women

Yes my wife used it for two years and was not suppose to she has IC we saw another doctor and he said your only should use it two weeks only or it will damage the skin to the vagina.

I have had the itch and burn=====nothing worked. Dr. could find nothing to b causeing it. So one night I was putting Vicks vapor rub on my toenails--------yep. I did and for a few seconds it felt cool with a warm feeling. after 3 or 4 applications everything went away. I kept the Vicks all outside of vagina. so if I get something like that again, I grab the vicks.

I've had burning on my vulva on one side and used this .. It went away. That was a year ago. Last week I started getting the burning again and am using the cream again to see if it will go away before going to dr. I have no idea what causes this.

Im going through the same thing now they cant tell me whats wrong did this work?

My mom suffered with this issue for years. After having my daughter two years ago I started to also experience these symptoms. My Mom was finally diagnosed with lichen sclerosus. I believe this is what I have as well. For me this comes on strongest in the week (give or take) before my menstrual cycle. Look it up. It may apply to you. From my understanding this often goes undiagnosed and doctors know very little about it. However I will say that applying the Betamethasone 0.05% cream during that time does help. I hope this is able to help someone.

I have the same symptoms, 2 doctors could not diagnose it the 3rd doctor immediately said it is Lichen Sclerosis. I have just started this medication and was also given Fluconazole tablets.

Can anyone tell me more about lichen sclerosis? I have been battling with reoccurring BV and yeast infections but they usually start out as vulvar irritation, burning, etc. I have been dealing with this for months and tried everything. The doctor has yet to determine the cause. I was just prescribed the cream today to try.

Thank you!

Get your blood work checked. You can have positive ANA. Meaning an autoimmune response. You can have something called sjorgens or sicca syndrome that leads to spontaneous vaginal dryness causing burning and irritation.

I have recently started experiencing the same thing itching burning redness, I honestly believe its the toilet paper. my mother goes through the same thing and she says she doesnt have the symptoms when she uses certain toilet papers.