I decided to "go on" with my daughters "get use to" different kind of food. I started to give her whole milk. I was explained that in every new change of food she eats I can expect some problems. But, I also heard that some babies are not able to digest big amounts of whole milk. How should I know is lactose intolerance causing diarrhea in my baby?

Both things that you have heard are true. Changes in baby's food, especially sudden ones, are usually with problems. Among them is a diarrhea. But lactose intolerance can also cause diarrhea and other symptoms. If you want to be sure, then you should probably take your daughter to her doctor and find out.

Hello there,

As the poster above me has already said these changes can cause some problems (most of the time diarrhea) in babies. My little sister is the best example for that. She had diarrhea almost 10 days when my sister has changing her diet. Of course after few days she was so worried that she wanted to get back to the old diet, but luckily she took her to the pediatrician who has explained that this is absolutely normal.

And lactose intolerance has few additional symptoms, besides diarrhea such as feeling sick, pain in the stomach, burping after consuming products which contain lactose. If your daughter’s condition doesn’t change in a few days take her to the pediatrician at once.