Hi, I have some medical problems. At first I thought I have an ulcer. The symptoms were the same. I had gases. With it stomach pains occurred. I went to see a doctor. He asked me some questions and made some tests. When the results came in, they showed that I have lactose intolerance. I have heard something about it. The doctor ordered me to cut down the milk and dairy products. However, can it be possible that my condition will in time develop into severe lactose intolerance?

Hi, lactose intolerance is a condition that is very common. It occurs when our organism is not producing sufficient quantities of enzyme called lactase. This enzyme is responsible for degrading milk sugar lactose into sugars that our organism can digest and turn into energy. Usually, a person having lactose intolerance only needs to diminish the taking of milk and dairy products. There are several degrees of this condition. If one has severe lactose intolerance, he must give up completely on these foods. Since you have already visited the doctor, you should not judge his diagnose. What you need to do is follow his orders. As I said, severe lactose intolerance is very rare and probably you do not have it since the doctor didn't order you to give up milk and dairy products all together.