I am preparing a picnic basket. I and my girlfriend are going to country and my duty is to take food for our first picnic. But I have a problem. My girlfriend has lactose intolerance and she is not supposed to eat milk and dairy products. What are lactose intolerance safe products?

It is not true that we are not supposed to eat milk or diary products. When I say we, I mean, the people with lactose intolerance. We can consume small quantities of milk and others at one time. Beside we can use Lacfaid, enzyme that help digest lactose. But some products are low in lactose and we can eat them, such as Swiss cheese and cottage cheese. If this does not help, try reading ingredient list on products you want to buy.

Hello there lauritz,

Well you are preparing food for the picnic so if there must be cheese chose Swiss cheese. And before you start preparing basket for this picnic you should ask your girlfriend what is her favorite food. The fact she is lactose intolerant doesn’t affect her life that much. She can drink soy or rice milk instead of the regular milk. And there are a lot of products which contain no lactose at all; you just need to pay attention to the labels of the products.

If this seems too much for you then ask your girl to do this together, explain  to her that you want perfect picnic for you two and that you are afraid you will do something wrong.