Hi, folks. I have heard about lactose intolerance in movies and read about it in the newspapers. I know something about it, but I don’t know when it usually starts. I would really like to know something about this. I hope someone will know to answer this. Thank you for all your replies.

Hello. Lactose intolerance is inability to digest milk sugar (lactose) from dairy products. It is caused by deficiency of an enzyme called lactase. There are three types of lactose intolerance. Congenital lactose intolerance means that one is born with it. This rare condition is passed between generations. Primary lactose intolerance is a normal result of aging for some people. It appears later, when one decreases the amount of milk that takes. Secondary lactose intolerance is caused by illnesses or injuries of intestines. As you can guess, it can appear at any age. However, it is uncommon for kids under the age of 5. I hope this helps.