Hello, folks. I have a little baby. However, she has been experiencing some digestive symptoms whenever she takes milk. I am starting to suspect that my baby is lactose intolerant! I would like to know something more about the symptoms of this condition. I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance. Bye!

Hello. Lactose intolerance means that one cannot digest milk sugar – lactose from dairy food. It is caused by a deficiency of an enzyme called lactase. The symptoms usually start 30 minutes up to 2 hours from eating a lactose-containing food. The most common symptom is diarrhea. There can be other symptoms as well. Those are: abdominal cramps, bloating, nausea and gas. If your baby has any of these symptoms, you should take her to a pediatrician. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Hi, It is quite common for babies to have temporary intolerance to lactose. I have this problem with my baby & I've found that COLIEF infant drops works excellent. They are lactase enzyme drops that you put into babies milk to help break down the lactose so that baby can digest it properly. As your baby's digestive system matures at around 3-4 months they will start to produce this enzyme naturally & you can start to withdraw the drops from their milk.You can get them over the counter in the chemist or boots chemist. They're expensive (£9.99) but well worth it!!
Hope this helps

I think you should be asking a doctor.