Hi. My child is lactose intolerant. However, he is able to tolerate small amounts of lactose. He can drink ½ cup of milk with no discomfort. I would like to hear some lactose intolerance diet advice. Which foods contain the same amount of lactose as ½ cup of milk?

Hi. Here are foods which contain the about the same amount of lactose as that: 2 Tbsp condensed milk, 1 cup of ice milk, 1 cup of ice cream, ¼ cup of evaporated milk, ½ cup of plain yogurt, ¾ cup of whipping cream, ¾ cup of sour cream and 3 oz processed cheese food, or cheese spread. He can also eat butter, cottage cheese, soft and aged cheeses, and foods processed with small amounts of milk. I am also lactose intolerant and I avoid any foods containing milk, whey, milk solids, casein and lactose. I like Mocha mix, the milk substitute.