I've read several posts and articles on this, but I'd still like some reassurance I guess. I just discovered a quite big lump (about half the size of a golf ball) about 2 or 3 inches inside my vagina, a little to the left and attached to the front wall. I've read about how this might be my cervix, but I'm not clear on this - wouldn't the cervic "block" the passageway, rather than just be attached to the side, if that make any sense at all? It doesn't hurt, it doesn't feel like it's filled with fluid, and there's not strange discharge or anything like that either. No complaints at all, just that lump. I'm also due for my period soon, and I've read that the cervix is lower the closer you get to your period.
I will see a doctor, but I'm studying abroad and have to wait till I get home for Christmas, and I'm kinda freaking out a little XD

Sorry about my spelling errors - further proof of my being worried ;-)
I couldn't find an edit option.

I have the same thing. Ive talked to doctors and they said it wasn't the cervix because your cervix doesn't or isn't suppose to hang until kid or having kids. I have a lump inside my vagina right now and it doesn't hurt, its just there. I am going to get it checked. I feel like there is nothing too fear. It might just be a cyst or a blocked gland, or a irrataion making it swell. Just go get it checked out! keep me posted.