I found a small lump no bigger than a pea inside my vagina, I think on the roof of my cervix. I have no discomfort or pain but obviously finding any sort of lump is a bit worrying! I have been checking daily to see if it's getting any bigger and I found it about 2/3 weeks ago and it hasn't changed at all. Shouls I be worried about this or could it of been there before and I hadn't noticed it? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Wow, how did you manage to find a lump on your cervix? Even when I masturbate with my fingers, I never go that far. But good for you.

Do you have any other strange symptoms like bleeding after intercourse? It is quite possible that you ran into a cervical polyp. Polyps are not dangerous and are very rarely cancerous and the only thing that do is make you bleed due to irritation like during an intercourse or after a gynecological exam. Polyps are easily removed and this is what it is usually done.

However, you could have also felt pimples-like lumps. These are just glands called nabothian cysts. They are filled with mucus-filled. They are also benign and can be removed but can be left as well. However, they won’t go away on their own, so if you ant them out, you may have to chose from electrocautery or cryotherapy.

The third reason I can think of is a genital wart. They are often found on the cervix but are usually found on the vaginal entrance as well.

The only way to know for sure is see your gynecologist.

well thanks for your reply, reassured me a bit. No i have no abnormal bleeding or anything like that, no symptoms of anysort. I might leave it for now, see how it goes n if it changes at all then see a gynecologist. The only other thing is, some days I can feel it and other I can't, also theres sometimes other little lumps too but not as big as the first. Am i just being a worry head! :-) Thanks x

Well, in my point of view, it is better to worry then to ignore or even worse, not notice things. Whatever it is, early diagnosing is half the cure.

What you are feeling could be normal vaginal walls that are spongy and bumpy but I think that the cervix is usually smooth and that there shouldn’t be any bumps.

To be honest, I would see a gynecologist right away, so you wouldn’t have to continue worrying. I mean, seeing a doc could take you one afternoon but having to treat something could take you a lot more than that, your nerves, time, money, health, etc

Those little lumps could be abnormal cells and I wouldn’t play with them.

ok, thanks, I think I will get it checked then. The only thing is my doc is male n obviously it's a bit embarrassin! Can you see the nurse for this sort of thing? thanks so much for all your advice, It's much appreciated x :-)

Unfortunately no, you can't be seen by a nurse.

However, male gynecologists are sometimes much better at what they do than females and i don't think you should be shy at all. It's perfectly normal, don't look at him as a man but as a doctor. It will be much easier! Or you could change a doc, couldn't you?

If the pea sized lump is round and smooth it is more likely to be a cyst. THESE SOMETIMES DISAPPEAR ON THEIR OWN, BUT CAN BE REMOVED IF THEY GET BIG OR ANNOYING. IN ENGLAND A PRACTICE NURSE WOULD BE HAPPY TO SEE AND EXAMINE THE LUMP AND THEN CALL THE GP IN TO EXAMINE WHILST NURSE PRESENT IF THERE IS ANYTHING TO CAUSE CONCERN.

Hello :-)

Im 24 and have something similar on my cervix. I noticed it like, 7 YEARS ago :-( and at that time it wa uuuuper tiny, and I went to the dr but was pretty young then and didnt know how to tell the Dr how I found it, and she didnt examin me that far, and its gotten bigger, though it changes in size, and sometimes isnt there. Is this the same thing that you are experiencing? Im such a worrybug, and Im just scared. Can this be cancer or stop me from having babies or anything? There's no pain or anything...

Thanks so much!

i have found a tiny lump about the size of a pin head and am quite worried about it. i have had abnormal smears could it be the the area where the abnormal cells are?

okay...so i have found 1 or 2, or maybe 3, small lumps on the left side of my cervix, near the entrance to the cervix (i do check for lumps and stuff every now and then see, and i'm only 17....yes...i'm a very paranoid person sometimes), but i'm not getting any of the symptons to cervical cancer......the lumps don't hurt, but me being me....i had to prick them (like, cause a VERY small hole to see if anything comes out of them) but they bleed, but its a bit sore now when i bend a certain way or sit down...i've had them there for at least a couple of days to a week now...but i don't think they have changed in size.......i'm kinda worried about this, but haven't had the guts to bring this up with mum or the doctor :-( (i'm very weak minded sometimes, and don't have the physical or emotional strength to say it to people...but i feel more secure saying it online)......please tell me.......are these normal? i'm finding it hard to sleep and think sometimes due to the worry...

thanks :-)

hi im the same lumps on my vagina and i was wondering could anyone help me because im very worried :( and itchynes is coming on please write back asap and cant go to a doctor because i dont no how to say it Quote:

Code:

see i found something simular last night and am a lil worried, i do wanna get it checked but im not sure how to too do that with out my mum finding out or getting her worried im only 18after all
%-)

only thing i can suggest for those of you who dont know how to tell a doctor, is to write down what you want to say. doctors wont necessarily want to know how you found the lumps, so you shouldnt worry about that. and if you are asked, you just need to say you were checking for abnormalities, or cleaning yourself. but it is important you get checked out.
if you know what your going into say thats half the battle.
"i have a small lump on my cervix and would like it checked out incase it needs treated" would be a good start.

please go to the doctors if you havnt already been... also male doctors are just as good as female doctors. if they weren't, they wouldnt be aloud to practice :-)

it is recommended that even if you are not sexually active you should have your first pap when you turn 18, it's a good thing to say to your mother in discussing this topic. planned parenthood is also great for things like this, it is affordable if not free and you can request to only be contacted by phone so that you dont receive any mail. and to all of you who dont want to go to a doctor or go and dont present all of your concerns PLEASE I BEG YOU for your own safety get over the embarrassment and go make sure you are in good health. there are SO many things that can be treated if caught early but deadly if left unnoticed. :!:

i have also found a lump on my cervix while in the bath cleaning myself. i am a little bit worried about it. its small, i hadnt noticed it or felt it before. all i know is that it doesnt smell normal down there either. i have two showers a day, and had a long bath to clean myself two night ago, and another one now, an i finely felt that lump. What could it be?