I woke up yesterday morning and when I went to the bathroom I discovered a large fairly hard lump just outside my vagina on one side. It is fairly painful and is about the size of a golf ball. It doesn't seem to move around very freely and is so swollen that it has stretched the skin of my labia and seems to almost come out over the edge of my vagina. Today I noticed another tender lump, though this may be unrelated and just caused by my paranoia. This one is right in the crease of my leg and the front of my pelvic area. It's now where near as large, but is fairly hard and tender. I really don't want to go to the doctor for this due to embarrassment and financial issues. Does anyone know anything I can do to possibly treat this or at least relieve the pain? Thanks for the help.

Hi honey! I would think that this is a Bartholin Cyst - it is a plugged Bartholin Gland! It is VERY common and can be from the size of a pencil eraser to the size of a grapefruit! And the other is probably from hotness and infection too!

1. Get a box of Epsom Salts, a squirt bottle, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide.
2. In a bath fill it with the hotest water you can handle and pour in 3 cups of Epsom salts, only have the water go over your thighs. Soak the area as long a possible
3. Fill the squirt bottle with about 2tbs of Hydrogen Peroxide and the rest hot water, and right after the bath, sit ont he toilet and gently press on each side of the bump, see if it drains, then rinse with the squirt bottle! Keep doing this until the lump has gone or has burst! Wear a pad - because when it blows its GROSS!
4. Keep the area cleaned with this bottle everytime you go to the washroom! take a solution bath as long as it takes
5. do the same for the other infection BUT put polysporin on it

Let me know how its going OK? Good luck honey!

Oh thank you so much! I will try that immediately! I was very nervous about this and it is very awkward. I really appreciate your help. I had read about different cysts and had wondered if that was what it was. Thanks again, it is greatly appreciated!

I've done what you said and it doesn't ever seem to drain. It doesn't seem to have gotten any bigger but is still painful. It hurts to walk at times because it is so sore. Should I just keep doing the epsom salts baths and keep heat on it? How long should it take to go away?

I'm on the fence with this! Some don't drain and start hardening and then you need them exised at a hospital! Why don't you give it another try - in as hot water as you can take - increase the Epsoms - and let it just be enough water to cover your thighs, really try and soak the area as much as possible - try and splash the hot water inside - so it really starts drawing out the puss! then immediately get out - when the heat has gone and sit on the toilet and press on both sides! The reason why I don't want you to do it lying down is that some of it can go back into your blood stream - as it did with me and I had blood infection and had to have emergency surgery (I was 12 weeks pregnant at the time!).

IF you start shaking or get a fever go STRAIGHT to the hospital - they will excise it! And put you on antibiotics! Lets give this a day more of treatment ok, IF it isn't taken care of go to the doctors to see if they can either excise it and put you on anitbiotics - if that happens start injesting probiotic yogurt - and take acidopholus pills as you will be guaranteed to get a yeast infection. Le tme know how you get on! Good luck honey!

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I've had it for 5 days now I think. It has been extremely painful today. I will try again with the bath and epsom salts. It is almost unbearable to squeeze though as it has become very painful.

I think it's time to go to the hospital honey! I know it's embarassing, but it needs to be done! Mine was growning an growing and i couldn't walk and was crying so hard, so I couldn't have cared less when they excised it! The thing is its GROSS when it comes out so be prepared for it and INSIST on anitbiotics and watch out for any increase temperature and shaking! After they drain it, hang around the hospital for a bit - I went for lunch with my mom, and by the time I finished my salad WHAM!!!! So be careful OK?

I woke up at 2 this morning in unbearable pain and went to the ER for it. It was an abscess. They had to cut and drain it. The Dr. said there was about a half cup of fluid and it was about the size of a baseball. Thanks for your help though.

Did he put you on anitbiotics? Isn't it an awful thing?!!! I remember when they drained mine - I was MORTIFIED! But also As long as they were removing it I didn't care at the end! More people saw my privates that day but I didn't care at the end! Over the next several days, keep rinsing with the hydrogen and water OK? DONT douche! Good luck and health honey!

Im really scared...I have this hard bump on the upper part of my vagina. I have been up all night doing research on the internet. Im thinking it is a bartholins cyst. The only problem is though Ive looked at many pictures and it seems a little to high. I noticed this bump yesterday and it is about the size of pea. It hurt to walk, sit and even hurt to wear my shorts. I did use Epson salt this morning because of everything I read. About 10 minutes after getting out the tub it did pop and yellowish looking puss came out of it. It did go down in size immediatley. It is still a little soar and Im not sure if thats from me squeezing it. I was just wondering anyones opinion on this. Im scared to even talk to my boyfriend about it because I am so embarresed. I was just wanting an opinion of whether I should still go to a doctor because the epson bath popped it and it has gone down in size. I have been with the same person for five years and Im praying this isnt any STD!

Hi honey! I couldn't access my posts, so sorry for the delay! Even though the Bartholin Glands are on either side of the vagina, it doesn't mean that this is what was blocked ! They are larger pores and seem to get more blocked then any other! So your vagina could have the Glands a bit higher than what you were looking at! When it popped - especially with the Epsom Salts - I am pretty sure it was a Bartholin Cyst! Just avoid sexual contact till it is fully healed and keep an eye on it, as once you have 1 it seems it can pop up quickly again! DONT douch but if you can get a squirt bottle and fill it with warm water and IF you feel an infeciton or lump just irrigate it! And ALWAYS have your bf use a condom! As the ejaculate and the vaginas natural lubrication will only add to the problem! Good luck!

i also have something like this. i have a lump under the skin about 1cm up from the clitorus on theleft side. it is around the size of a pea. it moves a tiny bit. it is tender when touched and a little red, it has a white head to it like a pimple. i popped it, and squeezed it andwhite puss like substance came out, i then wiped it and continued doing it. each time i squeezed it because lighter and lighter until blood started to appear. im starting to get really worried. im only 15 and im still a virgin. is there anything i can do to help get rid of it? 

I have something like this also but it dose not pop its the size of a quater and is below the citorus on the right side im actualy really scared beceause ive had this for over a month i beleive and ive only told my best friend about it im scared to go to the doctors about it i am afraid of hospitals i even refuse to get checkups i know its not right...i just dont know what to do im 17 im a virgin and have never had any infections i keep clean and everything. any ideas anyone?

I have the same thIng! my frIend thInks Its an ungrown haIr. but I have no Idea and Im frealIng out

what was it??? I've had the same thing for a while but I didn't have insurance and honestly I just thought it was from past abuse & never opened my mouth about it. I'm finally getting it checked out soon but if you're comfortable, will you share with us what your doctor said?