I have got a ball bearing shaped cyst (I think), inside my scrotum. But not attached to my testicle. Can anyone tell me what it may be and whether or not it is harmful.

Is your testicle swollen? Do you have any other symptoms? If it’s soft, it may not be serious but I reckon you should have it checked by an urologist anyway!
I was reading once a personal online story about the guy who noticed a small swelling and went to see a doc just in case….he was found a very early phase of cancer.

I am not trying to scare you, just to show you the importance of having it checked!

If the ball ( cyst ) is soft and looks/feels like fluid filled, it is probably just a cyst called hydrocele. These are harmless and are usually left just like that. They are only removed if they grow too big or start causing discomfort.

It could also be just a skin cyst, since there are a lot of sweat glands on scrotum and they are producing sebum that may get stuck under the skin and form cysts.

Like I said, for the piece of your mind and possibly quick intervention, it would be wise to see a doc!

Mines the same, but no swelling, no nothing accept just a small ball. Ive looked around the enternet and i think i can say safely that it is not cancer because it is not attacked to the testicle.. Well i dont know if yours are swollen but mine arent.

Hi im 19 and also have a very small lump in my scrotum witch feels as if conected to a cord can you guys help?

I have the exact same thing. Anyone know what this is?

I was wondering what it was too. It feels like a small squishy ball, and it doesn't seem to be attached to my testicle. Anyone know what it is?

see that sac on this picture above the testicle, that is probably what you are feeling. If you are concerned, go to a Urologist.

www.z.about.com/d/p/440/e/f/15857.jpg

Hi, i'm 13 and I have a squishy ball type thing above my left ball. Is it bad? What should I do? Or is it normal?

i have the same thing right beside my left testicle, it sees to be atatched or just apart of a vein or tendom or something, mine is hard, but i also have to hard lumps in my left cheak and one lump in my right cheak on my face and the doctor sed (ages ago) there were just fat lumps or something like that

guys your safe I have the same things it's common in young guys like ourselves... I mean if this doesn't help I'd suggest going to see a urologist just for your benefit but it's nothing.

you guys, i am 12 and i have a small ball like thing above my left testicle as soulwalker says,i hope its nothing but im just hoping that i can go see a docter right away!!

i am 14 and i have a inds (cyst) and i dnt think it is attached to my testicle but is lumpy and inside my sac i have no idea what it is, but i might go to the dcotor

im 14 and i also have a pea shaped lump just under neath the base of my penis, im not scared but i just want to find out what it is!!! dose anyone have an idea on what it could be because i dont reli want to go to the doctors.

hi, im 13 too,
ive had swelling by my right tesictle, for a while,
ive been to a pediatrition about it, i was aware about testicular cancer so i got worried and went early on,
they said its nothing to worry about, just a syst between were the bloodtravelswhen' it' go stiff, and when it goes drain the blood, it fails, which in the process just takes longer than usual,
if iyou notice the change size eg. bigger to smaller, then theres no need to worry about testicular cancer, that is just a growth,
but dont just JUST my worrd for it,
go to your gp, good luck :-)

Ok, I'm 26, and I today found a small lump inside my scrotum sack. Unlike most of you guys on here mines almost rock solid, it doesn't fell like it's attached to anything but the skin. It hurts most of the time when walking, hurts when I touch it, not when I'm just sitting or standing though. At first, I thought is was just a pimple/cyst, since it looked like one. So I tried to speed up the process and tried to squeeze it out, holy f#$k that hurts, and nothing would come out. I'm not trying that again, I don't enjoy my scrotum being in pain. Ok, I just got a sharp jolt of pain in my whole scrotum. I'm going to the doctor in the morning. Any advise would be great appreciated.