Hi, few days ago I experienced a finger injury. It happened like this. While I was getting out of the car I stopped to say something to my friend. When I told him what I wanted, I slammed the door of the car. Unfortunately, my thumb was caught in the door. It really hurts. My nail is all red and black. Will it fall off?

Hi, a similar accident happened to me. My finger was caught by the room door. I believe that it was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. At first, the blood was streaming out. After that, like yours, my nail also turned black. It freaked me out so I went to an emergency room. The doctor disinfected the wound and said that I should not worry. During the recovery, the thing that bordered me the most was the fact that this condition lasted for two weeks. The nails started to fall off, but in phases. However, the new ones were growing. Actually, they pushed out the damaged ones. I don't think that you should worry too much, but a visit to the doctor should be made just in case your injury is somewhat more serious.