My 4 yr old daughter received 7 dissolvable stitches along the sides & across the lower portion of finger nail 17 days ago... When looking at it, it looks good, not infected still a little bit of blackening along the cuticle of her nail. She also fractured the tip of her finger & has loose bone fragments. I do not like looking at it, or touching it. We just neosporin it & bandage during the day & nothing at night, but the stitches are very visible & big on the sides of her finger..i cant really see them along her nail bed..also, her actual nail was removed prior to the stitches. So with it being 17 days & the stitches still very visible is this ok?? Do I just let them go? Do I stil neosporin & cover the nail? Also, with the tip of her bone being pretty damaged do I go see a specialist?? Or get another xray?? Or do we just let the loose bone be??? She seems to be doin ok, it still seems to bother heroccasionally..if she bumps it, or uses her right hand alot & is like bumping it, she seems to complain that it hurts a while later. If you are wondering what happened, a 200pd broken mcdonalds bathroom door slamed on it while she was there with her preschool. Great call to receive at work. "we think ur daughter may have severed her finger..please come quick!

o.O IF there is blood or seepage, still continue with the Polysporin, it is ALWAYS best to keep a damaged area - especially with stitches - as moist as possible! do NOT let the nail bed dry out - this will cause deformed nails and perhaps infection! Disolvable last upto about 2 weeks give or take! When did the doctor say she needed followup, or did they just give you a pamphlet on wound care and "See you later"?

he wanted to see her 2 days later, so we wnt & e said it looked likeit was healing well.... It still looked disgusting if you ask me! Lol... But yea, that was it... He gave her tylenil w codiene & an antibiotic. Nothing about the bone.or stitches. And I keep hearing to let it dry out.. To leave it open with nothing on it at night. And there doesn't appear to be any drainage or seepage..

Hi there.  Wondering what happened with your daughter.  The same thing happened to my son.  Broken door, 2 severed fingers at a Mcdonalds.  Can you contact me?