Uh. I slammed door on my finger and it hurts like hell. Now, my finger is kind of a red, or purple. Don`t know what to do. Maybe it will just pass on its` own? The pain has stopped, but fear that maybe my finger is broken?

Hi. I don`t think your finger is broken man. Can you move it? If so, it`s not broken. I slammed door on my finger last year and both, my finger and nail went purple and black, and it came off (the nail). Nothing to worry about, really. Another nail has started to grow and my finger looks the way it used to look. Don`t be such a baby! If you can`t move your finger it`s probably broken.

Well,
This is very serious condition. You may have broken your bones on your fingers. Are you able to move the fingers normally on your hand? The change of color under your skin indicates that your blood vessels have broken and that you have a small amount of blood under your skin. This is not too dangerous but the thing that you might have broken your finger bones is. I think that your best option right now is to see your doctor and see if you need a surgery. Have you used any medication for the pain? I hope that you didn’t broken your finger bones and that you will be fine.

All the best,
Nelie