Three weeks ago, wind blew the car door closed on my hand. I had an x-ray which was negative. I had bruising. My ring finger has a small lump on top between the nail and knuckle. This was the finger that took the most of the car door. The lump is less sore but is still there. I am not sure what to think of it.

Hallo,

This is very unfortunate to hear. Finger injuries are often not sever but they can cause many trouble later in life. My neighbor had similar experience, while his kid accidentally closed the door and got his finger. He didn’t break it but it got swollen and he needed medical attention. He still has some pain in that finger from time to time and I think that his finger is a little bit bigger than the same finger on his other hand. I think that your knot will go away after some time, but you have to know that there is a chance that this knot will be there for long period of time.

All the best to you,

Karen