sir ,
my mother 65 yrs old is mds patient for the last 2 months . treatment is going on in yashoda hospital hyderabad . now they want to give her chemotherapy treatment but we r afraid of its side effects and we want to try homeopath treatment for her . please gie me ur valuable advise .

thank you
yours sinserely
farookh shaikh

There is alternative to chemotherapy. You can try homoeopathy. And if chemotherapy is neccessary, you can spplement with homoeopathic medicines for countering the side effects of homoeopathy. Consult your local homoeopathic physician for details

By all means have her get chemo. My husband was diagnosed with mds April 11th and the doctor gave him 4 to 6 months to live. He started getting chemo right away for 7 days than off for 3 wks. They used VIDAZA. He never got sick from it and you do not lose your hair. They say it takes 3 months for the vidaza to start working and low and behold at the end of June he started feeling good. It is now Sept 16th and his blood work is all improving and he feels really good. He had another bone marrow biopsy yesterday and we will find out the results on the 29th. I will let you know how they turn out. SO yes chemo helps along with blood transfusions and platelets..PS ahe has not had a blood transfusion since June either. God bless and hang in there.. Those 3 months was a long rode but there is a light at the end. Kathy

tockobelle1 wrote:

By all means have her get chemo. My husband (66 yrs old) was diagnosed with MDS, April 11th and the doctor gave him 4 to 6 months to live. He started getting chemo right away for 7 days than off for 3 wks. So he gets chemo about ever 28 days.They used VIDAZA. He never got sick from it and you do not lose your hair. They say it takes 3 months for the vidaza to start working and low and behold at the end of June he started feeling good. It is now Sept 16th and his blood work is all improving and he feels really good. He had another bone marrow biopsy yesterday and we will find out the results on the 29th. I will let you know how they turn out. SO yes chemo helps along with blood transfusions and platelets..PS ahe has not had a blood transfusion since June either. God bless and hang in there.. Those 3 months was a long rode but there is a light at the end. Kathy I forgot to give his age and that he is still getting chemo every 28 days. I will keep in touch. You can get in touch with me if you would like to find out more information about it.

**edited by moderator**

Dear Sir,
I am really very motivated to read about your progress with MDS after the chemo and shall greatly apprecaite if you can pls advise the name of your doctor and his contact number if possible. My sister-in-law, 67 years, was diagnosed with MDS last year is currently taking transfusions. However, her doctor is not very motivating or ready to try other the treatment options. thanks & best regards juhi