If I just recently began taking Lexapro with mild depression, would it have a great negative effect on me if I stopped taking it for a day so I could drink alcohol that day and then continue with the medication the next day?

Also, if that is not recommended, would it hurt me if I consumed alcohol to an extent as long as I was not at a point of passing out, or vomiting?

Drinking alcohol while on Lexapro is not recommended. This is because if alcohol and Lexapro are taken together, Lexapro may potentially increase the effects of the alcohol. If you choose to drink while taking Lexapro, you should drink only light-to-moderate amounts of alcohol -- one drink a day for women and two drinks a day for men. Twelve ounces of beer, five ounces of wine, and one ounce of 100-proof spirits all count as one alcoholic drink. You should also make sure not to drink at the same time as you are taking your Lexapro.